200r4 low/rev clutch removal tool

Status
Not open for further replies.

loudnwaite

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Mar 25, 2017
It kills me slowly to ask for more help but after watching 4 guides, buying 2 books and over $200 in tools that would be better off used as a coat hanger, im almost at my limit. Ive seen this black cylinder like tool which goes over the center shaft and had a red handle on the end which grabs the clutch pack and pushes or twists in any way needed. a normal person would probably google "200r4 low/rev clutch removal tool" wrong... bought damn near every tool from the ebay special to the jegs $120 bent up coat hanger. I cannot for the life of me find that tool. This is exactly what it looks like https://ibb.co/cZT2Y5 I found a similar one on ebay but it looks beat to hell and he wants $50. at this point i dont care if it costs a arm and a leg, next step is to sell off my "monster in a box" rebuild kit and monster 3000 stall on ebay and buy a freakin muncie.

Attachments

• download.jpg
    download.jpg
    7.1 KB · Views: 610

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
G-Body of the Month
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
It's a good tool to have especially when rebuilding your trans, but if I'm not mistaken, it could substituted for something else. Perhaps some of the guys with more experience will chime in.

loudnwaite

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Mar 25, 2017
I used a coat hanger and a friend to keep the clutch flat while lowering it.it took a couple of tries but i took my time and popped right in.
How hard did you have to push down? I used an old bowling trophy with the 3 pillars. Tool the top off and I could literally put all my 170lbs on top of it and nothing moved

loudnwaite

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Mar 25, 2017
You shouldn't have to push.it shouldslide right in. It must be straight to go in. Keep in mind that the orifice on the lo/reverse clutch must line up with the hole on the valve body side inside the trans.

i thought I had to push down, then remove the retaining clip behind it then it would come out? thats what the haynes book is telling me, after fighting with it and twisting it for a bit i am finally getting it to move back and fourth a little. im gonna try and get some bigger muscles and a metal coat hanger and try again tomorrow.

Reactions: 1 user

somaphox

Apprentice
Jan 16, 2015
i used i think its a 2 inch wide pipe about 3 foot long with some electrical tape around it.it should slide in pretty smoothly with the oil hole positioned on the lower left hand side i wanna say.something to watch for though with the way i did it is torn pieces of tape coming off if you get angry with it.only happened to me once so i yanked it out got the debris out and reinstalled after adding alittle tape to the pipe.worked great for me

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor