200r4 mysterious leak

Status
Not open for further replies.

Todd sanders

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Mar 2, 2018
Forum I’m having the worst time with finding this leak!!!. Replaces the trans pan gasket 3x still leaks, used cork and rubber gaskets with and without sealants. took the car to a transmission shop said the cooler lines where leaking they tightened it ...STILL LEAKY!!! No fluid around the O-ring dipstick. I’m completely lost.

hoffa65

Master Mechanic
Mar 11, 2019
Atlanta GA
TV cable seal, been there done that.
Dont over tighten the hold down bolt

I have seen some like of oxidation between the aluminium case and the rubber seal.
Best to drop the pan, remove the cable and inspect from bottom to insure there is not any white looking growth in bore of case

Reactions: 1 user
Oct 14, 2008
Melville,Saskatchewan
Another I have found that looks like the pan gasket leaking is the selector shaft seal. I have replaced it on the last two 2004R trans I have ran. Look for a trail from where the shift linkage attaches.

Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor