200R4 Shifter

Trader history for see2xu (0)

see2xu

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Supporting Member
Nov 30, 2008
Greensboro NC
Swapping out the TH350 in my '78 Aeroback 442 - would love to find the stock shift mechanism, and the console top plate register, in decent shape. Anybody have one lying around that they're prepared to part with?

84cutspreme

Royal Smart Person
Jun 4, 2009
Swapping out the TH350 in my '78 Aeroback 442 - would love to find the stock shift mechanism, and the console top plate register, in decent shape. Anybody have one lying around that they're prepared to part with?
I lucked out a buddy had car with 200-4r when i swapped out 200c. only thing different is detent bracket. I bent a piece of steel and used his as template and cut my own detents to match. other than that shifter is the same. this was on an 84 cutlass though

g3chevy

Greasemonkey
Jan 30, 2019
Spring, Texas
Here's some pics comparing a detent bracket of a THM350 to a 200-4R. You probably could modify the one you have to make it work.

Reactions: 83MonteCarloSS