2011 Chevy Caprice

Status
Not open for further replies.

crucial118

Royal Smart Person
Nov 15, 2008
MARYLAND, DMV
Have ya'll seen the new 2011 Chevy Caprice. Beautiful. GM is on point with their new lineup of vehicles, be it truck or car. http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=htt ... gQfOu4DwDQ is the link to the info. I just got an email from a Chevy dealership saying that there will only be a few avail to the public the rest will be police vehicles. How much do you think they'll go for?

crucial118

Royal Smart Person
Nov 15, 2008
MARYLAND, DMV
papabearxl said:
Too much...

Yeah, I'm thinking close to 35k or so.

o ARC ATHEISTxX

Greasemonkey
May 1, 2011
Los Angeles
I think the caprice that was at the Long Beach Police Convention had a ls2 or ls3 engine in it. Still think the Crown Victoria is the perfect police car!

CHRIS.O

Royal Smart Person
May 26, 2011
MI
Guess that sucks for criminals. Now they will have to have something more than a tune port camaro to get away from the cops. haha

khan0165

Royal Smart Person
Jul 14, 2008
Ontario, Canada
... so let me see if I understand this...

Pontiac made a V8 rear drive platform, made huge sales. Then GM said, "hmmm, how can we **** ourselfs again?" and canceled it.
Then they said, "oh, we're **** heads, the G8 was a great idea and we were making lots of money with it. So let's bring it back with a Chevy grill and emblem."

mean while, Buick putting a turbo on a rice burner 4 banger and calling it a "Regal".
... wtf GM...

and wtf Buick...
let's put a rear drive V6 in this Caprice, throw a turbo on for good measure, put on a Buick grill, and call that a Regal!

RITTER

Royal Smart Person
May 26, 2007
Hillsdale, MI
I wonder how it compares to the HEMI Charger Police car

khan0165

Royal Smart Person
Jul 14, 2008
Ontario, Canada
the Chargers (and new Challenger included) are terrible cars. Cheap build quality, fake performance, big fat and heavy, etc... I could go on and on.

the G8/new Caprice/and Cadillac are good platforms. Good suspension, chassis design, and you can't go wrong with a LS motor.
So I imagine it's definitely a step up from the Charger cars.

khan0165

Royal Smart Person
Jul 14, 2008
Ontario, Canada
and I know Pat and the Mopar guys are gonna jump on me for that,
so I'm gonna say the new Camaro is very similar. It's too large, too fat, too heavy, and just not the sporty machine it's trying to be.
It's marginally more perky than the Challanger and Chargers, but not enough to count.

... unfortunately, Ford has done a more thurrough job with their Mustangs... and with their new 5.0L, I see some trouble for the Camaros and Nopars.

... also, anyone try the 2011 Charger? They've given it a facelift, but has there been any dramatic improvements other than the body lines?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor