2014 Texas Buick Nationals Open to all makes and models

Status
Not open for further replies.

fast86gn

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Dec 19, 2013
This will be a bracket event with a max of five classes but there may be less but no less than two classes. Pending car count and ET's

5 class scenario
Class A 10.99 and faster
Class B 11.00-11.99
Class C 12.00-12.99
Class D 13.00 -13.99
Class E 14.00 and slower

4 class scenario
Class A 11.99 and faster
Class B 12.00-12.99
Class C 13.00-13.99
Class D 14.00 and slower

3 class scenario
Class A 11.99 and faster
Class B 12.00 - 13.99
Class C 14.00 and slower

2 class scenario
Class A 12.50 and faster
Class B 12.51 and slower

After Time trials we will set the classes, there will be a drivers meeting before Eliminations start. It is $10 to bracket. This $10 may be collected at the gate or in the drivers meeting this is to be determined.

Example only: 40 cars and 4 classes that is $400.00. $100.00 to each class winner. The more cars the bigger the payouts.

Of course the gates will open at 12 Noon for our group, the track will be ready for time trials by 1pm and we will run TnT until about 430pm. We will have the track to ourselves until the regular street night crowd starts coming in around 4pm. There will be a drivers meeting after TnT to set the classes and we will start eliminations around 5-530pm.

It will be $10 at the gate to race (TnT) or watch. At the drivers meeting is when you'll pay your $10 to bracket. We'll have a table set up in the pits to collect your bracket $$.

Attachments

• Flyer.jpg
    Flyer.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 778

fast86gn

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Dec 19, 2013
alphamale said:
I'll be there this year!

Cool. Here is the Hotel info

There are several Hotels/motels in the Temple area that range from $49 to $125 and on up. HK Dodgen is a Loop in Temple. The SW part of the Loop is about 10 miles from the Little River track.

I contacted the Country Inn and suites located at 1414 SW HK Dodgen Temple 76504, it is 9.9 miles from the track. The Hotel is just SW of I35 exit 299.

Single, Double King or Queen $80 + tax. I spoke with Shelley I told her we had a race event at Little River on the 29th.
There ph# 254-778-6700

https://maps.google.com/maps?expflag...gl=US&hl=en-US

alphamale

Apprentice
Jan 29, 2009
Georgia
I had looked into staying in Austin the night before and driving up. It depends on if my dad comes or not, but if we end up staying in Temple I'll let you know. Thanks for the info.

fast86gn

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Dec 19, 2013
alphamale said:
I had looked into staying in Austin the night before and driving up. It depends on if my dad comes or not, but if we end up staying in Temple I'll let you know. Thanks for the info.

I may or may not stay over? I'm driving down on Saturday morning from Dallas. Just depends on how tired I am after the event is over. So if I do stay in Temple it would be Saturday night.

I think that is what a lot of Houston guys will do is stay over Saturday night. The Oklahoma guys I suspect will probably come Friday evening and stay over that night and drive back Saturday evening. Most of the OK guys will travel around 300-400 miles. It's about 160 miles for me.

alphamale

Apprentice
Jan 29, 2009
Georgia
Sounds good man. I'll be coming from Fort Polk, LA which is about a 4-5 hour drive. That's why I considered staying in Austin Friday night and driving up Saturday. I will probably stay the night in Temple though, I doubt I'll want to drive back that night to Polk.

fast86gn

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Dec 19, 2013
alphamale said:
Sounds good man. I'll be coming from Fort Polk, LA which is about a 4-5 hour drive. That's why I considered staying in Austin Friday night and driving up Saturday. I will probably stay the night in Temple though, I doubt I'll want to drive back that night to Polk.

Be sure to find me and introduce yourself. I should be easy to find since I am coordinating the event. lol

alphamale

Apprentice
Jan 29, 2009
Georgia
I will definitely do that. As we get closer to the event I'll let you know.

fast86gn

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Dec 19, 2013
I had a couple of requests from non racers so we will add a car show to the mix in Temple. It will be held at the track during the time trials. $10 to enter with 100% payout plus we'll do a trophy or two.

To keep it simple it will be a people's choice vote. All adults will get one vote. Depending on the car count on how many places it will pay. Example 10 cars = $100 to the winner with trophies for 2nd and 3rd. 20 cars $125 to first $75 for 2nd and 3rd place will get a trophy.

fast86gn

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Dec 19, 2013
These will be passed out at the track...

Attachments

• BuickNats2014.jpg
    BuickNats2014.jpg
    681.2 KB · Views: 550
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor