2018 Swap meet season!

Status
Not open for further replies.

UNGN

Comic Book Super Hero
Sep 6, 2016
Southlake, TX
Cleaning out my phone i found the pictures I took at the Pate swap meet (at Texas Motor Speedway) a couple weeks ago. When I retire, I'm going to camp out there for a week, so I can space the 12 miles of walking over a couple days. Here are some of the more interesting finds:

63 Imperial Crown.jpg
Imp Crown.jpg

1963 Imperial Crown 2rd HT. Black Cherry metalic exterior, perfect maroon leather interior.. everything looked all original, power everything 44K original miles. This would be a car a Saudi Prince would drive in '63...the price: $12.5K or best offer - cash talks (basically what the sign in the windshield says).

66 Toronado 6500.jpg

'66 Olds Toronado. Everything works. 425 4bbl. (385 HP Rocket V8) At least the second year at Pate. Last year it was $7,500. New Price: $6,500.

63 stude lark 3900.jpg
'63 Studebaker Lark V8. as the sign says, $3,900 and drive it home.

KW motorhome.jpg

Its $20 to Camp at the track for the week. This guy knows how to do it.

Bede5 fuse.jpg

Build your own Bede-5 Bond Jet. You first.

53 MkII 9800 444 made.jpg

'57 Lincoln MkII for $9.8K (less than it sold for in 1957). One of 444 built. Only $1.98/lb.

And finally, something I can honestly say I had never seen before:
1963 Ford Spinster.jpg

1963 Ford powered Spinster. So obscure even the internet is clueless, but it appears to be a fiberglass 2 seater meant to appeal to T-bird people that longed for a "more modern" 2 seat T-bird. The guy who named it "Spinster" probably had a kid who went to work for Ford and thought the name "Probe" would be a good name for a Mustang replacement. He likely didn't talk to many women and ask for their opinions.

• Winner
Reactions: 1 users

UNGN

Comic Book Super Hero
Sep 6, 2016
Southlake, TX
I wish I had made it but probably would have had to buy that motorhome to live in with all the "crap" my wife says I bring home.

I take my Miata, so I have an excuse not to buy anything big. I bought 2 $10 sets of Floormats, one for the Miata (and the backs went in the back of Mustang) and one for my new '98 Jag.

$20. My wife can't complain about that.

If I owned a classic car dealership in the rustbelt, I would be at Pate on Wednesday with a 6 car hauler and watch the cars as they arrive. There is just too many rust free (or light rust), rare cars that sell for cheap to even count. There were a lot of "sold" signs on Saturday and you can tell they went cheap... Stuff like a 60's 4X4 military ambulance that would be the perfect hunting/tailgating rig for less than $5K.

Reactions: 1 users

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
Those are a few interesting cars. The Imperial is super nice.. I could see a foreign buyer shipping that off to Europe or wherever. American cars are hot in many of these countries as we've seen from the recent video in Poland...of all places.

I like the Studebaker Lark....they make cool sleepers.
I also like the Lincoln coupe. I always liked that body style.

That "Spinster" is an unusual custom. I take it it's a one off.

UNGN

Comic Book Super Hero
Sep 6, 2016
Southlake, TX
Those are a few interesting cars. The Imperial is super nice.. I could see a foreign buyer shipping that off to Europe or wherever. American cars are hot in many of these countries as we've seen from the recent video in Poland...of all places.

I like the Studebaker Lark....they make cool sleepers.
I also like the Lincoln coupe. I always liked that body style.

That "Spinster" is an unusual custom. I take it it's a one off.

I actually think the Spinster was an attempt to make a production, 2 seat car in 1963. The lack of sales for Sport Roadster T-birds and then smash success of '64 Mustang probably crushed those dreams, hard.

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
I actually think the Spinster was an attempt to make a production, 2 seat car in 1963. The lack of sales for Sport Roadster T-birds and then smash success of '64 Mustang probably crushed those dreams, hard.
Could the Spinster be a concept car? It does look like it was nicely done....and does look somewhat like the T-bird Sport Roadster. ,,being a two seater.

Thank you for posting the pics. The event looks like your version of the Carlisle swapmeet. I could see where it could become dangerous carrying a substantial amount of money around.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor