2019 Challenger Widebooty HellKitty (she's giving me the meatsweats...)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Supercharged111

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 25, 2019
Colorado Springs, CO
Retire at 42? That'd be a weird experience.

I haven't jigged anything, I am flying by the seat of my pants here. It'll probably just be another bespoke project for myself.

How much longer until that sweet pension is staring you in the face? Just under 4 years here.

Reactions: 1 users

fleming442

Captain Tenneal
Dec 26, 2013
We'll see how it goes. Maybe I'll build a jig and churn out some $2000 exhaust systems to HC owners who love hemorrhaging money on the next cool-guy part.
You already said it. Gotta make hay while the sun is shining. If you expand operations enough, you can get one of those orbital welders.

Reactions: 1 user

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
How much longer until that sweet pension is staring you in the face? Just under 4 years here.

9 long years. I'll be O-5 qualified in 6 weeks, and fully promotable (is that a word?). And I still have until 2038 before I "time out". Not sure how far I want to take this... or how far it will drag me kicking and screaming against my will.

Supercharged111

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 25, 2019
Colorado Springs, CO
9 long years. I'll be O-5 qualified in 6 weeks, and fully promotable (is that a word?). And I still have until 2038 before I "time out". Not sure how far I want to take this... or how far it will drag me kicking and screaming against my will.

If I don't hate my life in a few years I'm more than game to keep playing. I don't hate my life now one bit, just keeping an open mind is all.

Reactions: 1 user

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
You already said it. Gotta make hay while the sun is shining. If you expand operations enough, you can get one of those orbital welders.

Why do people keep throwing my words back in my face? Don't you know that even I don't know WTF I am saying half the time... and the other 60% is just me making things up?

That is a cool process, looks a lot like cold welding... robot style.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users

Supercharged111

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 25, 2019
Colorado Springs, CO
Why do people keep throwing my words back in my face? Don't you know that even I don't know WTF I am saying half the time... and the other 60% is just me making things up?

That is a cool process, looks a lot like cold welding... robot style.

Open condom style!

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
One inch at a time.

First one.

PXL_20210609_205340964.MP.jpg

Second one.

PXL_20210609_212533284.jpg

Mystery aluminum tube welded to what I think is 6061 sheet with a 5356 rod. If it works, it works. Some consistent dime stacking will come with time... or not.

Reactions: 2 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor