Thanks, these are the longest beads I've strung together to date. It took a lot of testing to get it dialed in enough to get a functional result. I almost, almost, tried to simply fusion weld it (all killer, no filler) - but the risk of it cracking with the heat cycling caused me to reconsider. My biggest issue is paying close attention to my torch control (angle, speed, distance) and regulating the pedal. The pulse setting is saving my bacon on heat and speed, because it sets a cadence and limits the risk of blowing through the part(s).
I can definitely see myself doing some more of this for intakes on the other cars in the near term. Plus, I have a whole batch of stainless sitting here to do an exhaust on Natasha's Camaro.
Made some 2.5" reinforcing extensions yesterday. The long ones are inserted an inch into the baffling since they do carry some load, and the rears are just in there so I have something to weld or clamp to... like some sweet dual tips that should arrive tomorrow.
Sat down today to tack them on. They'll be fully welded to the caps.
And then I ran out of argon. Did pretty well on one tank since I started welding with this rig.
Next step is to wrap the baffles and slam them home.
GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.