2019 Challenger Widebooty HellKitty (she's giving me the meatsweats...)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GroceryGetter83

LS Mafia
Supporting Member
Sep 18, 2018
Tampa, Florida
Can you explain removing the front? sway bar? I have heard this too, but I still have mine on.
Drag pack off. Popped the sway bar on. And swapped out the tension arm/track bars.

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
Can you explain removing the front? sway bar? I have heard this too, but I still have mine on.

It is a weight reduction/weight transfer thing. Taking off 40lbs of steel helps. And decoupling the bar from the a-arms/struts can free up some motion on the hit.

This car is a pig.

Reactions: 1 user

GroceryGetter83

LS Mafia
Supporting Member
Sep 18, 2018
Tampa, Florida
It is a weight reduction/weight transfer thing. Taking off 40lbs of steel helps. And decoupling the bar from the a-arms/struts can free up some motion on the hit.

This car is a pig.
I have a Hotchkis front bar; its huge but hollow so it doesn't weigh much

Supercharged111

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 25, 2019
Colorado Springs, CO
  • Agree

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan

Are you suggesting that I don't declare the modifications on my cars to my multiple insurance companies?

Cbs Lucy Ricardo GIF by HULU

For example:

When the TBSS was completed in 2016 my insurance company was given a comprehensive appraisal of its components and replacement value.

Hagerty knows everything about the classics. I couldn't have substantial agreed value policies without it being done.

The Hellcat really is stock as nothing has been done to increase the power (I like my warranty). Also they know it had 717hp when insuring me. If the suspension controller fails the system defaults - the wheels don't fall off or cause spontaneous combustion. That is easily proven with the factory service manual. So, that is a weak argument if anyone tried to make it... much less knew where to look. ;)

Hell, the fabricated steel bumper they put on my wife's Colorado after it was rear ended was paid for by our insurance company. Lower cost than a stock replacement, they were happy.

Also, I am not a talentless sh*t with a fart-cannon equipped BRZ. I am middle-aged with a perfect driving record. We good?

Champions League Yes GIF by UEFA

1 RARE T

Master Mechanic
Jul 14, 2015
I had a story come across my news feed about how someone had their insurance claim denied due to some appraiser noticing a non-stock exhaust modification.

It was only a P.S.A. to alert the members that are following this thread that maybe certain companies are implementing such policies.

I didn't make any claims about your disclosure or lack there of as I'm not your agent nor is it any of my concern.

It was just information. Given your response, I'll refrain from providing anything that might be relevant in the future.

My bad.

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
I had a story come across my news feed about how someone had their insurance claim denied due to some appraiser noticing a non-stock exhaust modification.

It was only a P.S.A. to alert the members that are following this thread that maybe certain companies are implementing such policies.

I didn't make any claims about your disclosure or lack there of as I'm not your agent nor is it any of my concern.

It was just information. Given your response, I'll refrain from providing anything that might be relevant in the future.

My bad.

You know I was supporting your position, right?
I am always goofing around here. It wasn't meant to be taken as hostile... I used a Lucille Ball gif FFS. ;)

Full disclosure is very important. Young people play games like that and get burned.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor