2019 Challenger Widebooty HellKitty (she's giving me the meatsweats...)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jakefromstatefarm

Master Mechanic
Feb 26, 2014
So a silencer to shoot the extra 🐓 ?
Yes.
image.jpeg

Reactions: 1 user

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
Damn. Looks pretty good.

Thanks, these are the longest beads I've strung together to date. It took a lot of testing to get it dialed in enough to get a functional result. I almost, almost, tried to simply fusion weld it (all killer, no filler) - but the risk of it cracking with the heat cycling caused me to reconsider. My biggest issue is paying close attention to my torch control (angle, speed, distance) and regulating the pedal. The pulse setting is saving my bacon on heat and speed, because it sets a cadence and limits the risk of blowing through the part(s).

I can definitely see myself doing some more of this for intakes on the other cars in the near term. Plus, I have a whole batch of stainless sitting here to do an exhaust on Natasha's Camaro.

Reactions: 5 users

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
Leonard Nimoy Reaction GIF

Making your own exhaust pieces.... Interesting.

I aim to intrigue.

Made some 2.5" reinforcing extensions yesterday. The long ones are inserted an inch into the baffling since they do carry some load, and the rears are just in there so I have something to weld or clamp to... like some sweet dual tips that should arrive tomorrow.

Sat down today to tack them on. They'll be fully welded to the caps.

PXL_20210611_235029442.jpg

And then I ran out of argon. Did pretty well on one tank since I started welding with this rig.

Next step is to wrap the baffles and slam them home.

• Winner
Reactions: 5 users

81cutlass

Comic Book Super Hero
Feb 16, 2009
Western MN
Exciting!!

I'm shocked nobody makes an aluminum muffler. Maybe there's a reason? :O

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor