2019 Challenger Widebooty HellKitty (she's giving me the meatsweats...)

Status
Not open for further replies.

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
NICE TIPS!!!!
ice age love GIF

Reactions: 1 user

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
A fresh tank of Argon found it's way home today. Tee hee.

carnutjw

G-Body Guru
Sep 17, 2017
"Refinement" continues. Built the inner tubes for the rear bullets. These are about 8.5" long compared to the front 15" units. I added the finger switch to the torch handle - even though it is just on/off it made spot welding such thin metal a metric sh*t tonne lot easier.

View attachment 177446

FWIW, the factory exhaust on these cars are a joke... the only thing that really muffles the noise is the active exhaust valves. I am getting tempted to delete them for the time being.

I also plasma cut out eleven 4" discs to cap the ends of all four mufflers. I really need a new 3" hole saw to finish them once they are welded on so I can insert the tubes and burn those in.

Then I will start the x-pipe.
Mike, I would like to see the tip---------------of your Tungsten. Is it balled, and are you welding on A/C? I understand these are internal pieces, and will not be visible, but your fabrication skills impress me, and I think your welds can look better. Just questioning the process, hopefully in a constructive way.

Reactions: 1 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor