2019 Challenger Widebooty HellKitty (she's giving me the meatsweats...)

Status
Not open for further replies.

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
Mike, I would like to see the tip---------------of your Tungsten. Is it balled, and are you welding on A/C? I understand these are internal pieces, and will not be visible, but your fabrication skills impress me, and I think your welds can look better. Just questioning the process, hopefully in a constructive way.

As per my last tack.

PXL_20210615_160221506.jpg

I usually start with a pretty fine point and allow it to ball itself as I go. I keep a close eye on the first few to see if the point of the tungsten is going wonky and at risk of falling off. If it looks like sh*t I just flick it off and keep going.

That is a #6 cup and a 1/16" tungsten. I can share all of my settings if needed.

I did just learn a few other tack welding tricks such as setting the argon flow lower for tacking. Going to try that this round. Learning as we go.

Reactions: 3 users

Northernregal

Sloppy McRodbender
Oct 24, 2017
Red Deer, Northern Montana territory
As per my last tack.

View attachment 177956

I usually start with a pretty fine point and allow it to ball itself as I go. I keep a close eye on the first few to see if the point of the tungsten is going wonky and at risk of falling off. If it looks like sh*t I just flick it off and keep going.

That is a #6 cup and a 1/16" tungsten. I can share all of my settings if needed.

I did just learn a few other tack welding tricks such as setting the argon flow lower for tacking. Going to try that this round. Learning as we go.
Is that the LaYZr tungsten? You can adjust AC balance a little and it won't ball up like that.

But if you like balls, I won't tell you how to live your life.

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
Is that the LaYZr tungsten? You can adjust AC balance a little and it won't ball up like that.

But if you like balls, I won't tell you how to live your life.

Yes, it's exactly what you told me to buy. Sheesh! ;)

It usually takes a while for the ball to form.

EDIT: I checked the AC balance and it's right where you told me to put it.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
After doing a bunch of yard work - pruning a tree and such - I decided to go for a drive to see how the car sounds with the active exhaust valves wired open.

PXL_20210617_222501481._exported_933_1623969254323.jpg

Passing through the small towns netted a lot of thumbs up from kids on bikes. Obligatory revs of appreciation were given.

Reactions: 6 users

Supercharged111

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 25, 2019
Colorado Springs, CO
After doing a bunch of yard work - pruning a tree and such - I decided to go for a drive to see how the car sounds with the active exhaust valves wired open.

View attachment 178047

Passing through the small towns netted a lot of thumbs up from kids on bikes. Obligatory revs of appreciation were given.

How many obligatory burnouts were performed?

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
Sometimes this car just modifies itself.

PXL_20210624_213631747.MP.jpg

Also, taking it through a drive-thru is a nerve racking experience - she so damn thicc. Like that McD's strawberry shake.

Tom Hiddleston Reaction GIF

Reactions: 2 users

scoti

Royal Smart Person
Sep 5, 2019
Texas
Sometimes this car just modifies itself.

View attachment 178518

Also, taking it through a drive-thru is a nerve racking experience - she so damn thicc. Like that McD's strawberry shake.

Tom Hiddleston Reaction GIF
Curious.... I've never owned anything newer than an '02 model (used to own one of the last TransAms).

Do you know what get's 'updated' within the software when it occurs?

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
Curious.... I've never owned anything newer than an '02 model (used to own one of the last TransAms).

Do you know what get's 'updated' within the software when it occurs?

Usually infotainment features and functionality. It's writing to whichever control module does the interface between the monkey and the music.

scoti

Royal Smart Person
Sep 5, 2019
Texas
Usually infotainment features and functionality. It's writing to whichever control module does the interface between the monkey and the music.
Gotcha. Just wondered if there was a way Big Brother was possibly 'helping' you be cleaner/safer ;)

Reactions: 1 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor