2019 Challenger Widebooty HellKitty (she's giving me the meatsweats...)

Status
Not open for further replies.

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
All shined up. Two coats on the paint, one coat on the glass and wheels. Used up about half a bottle, four 12x12 microfiber cloths, and most of my knees and lower back. It isn't any worse to apply than a spray wax - so home gamer approved.

It turned out pretty good, but it is a bit hard to tell on an essentially brand new white car. The "slickness" is there, and improved drastically with the second coat. The two coats gives the car 12 months of protection, but none of the complications of a true ceramic coating if something needs to be rectified in the paint or bodywork.

Top coating it all next year with the detailing spray should be a breeze.

IMG_20191108_190902.jpg

Reactions: 3 users

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
Thats like asking a fat chick what she weights!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You already know it's a lot - so either you are in or out before you even open your mouth.

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
You can use a payment calculator and get a pretty good Idea. I cringe at the sales tax alone and what the final tally is to pay it off. Then there is insurance.
Beautiful car - enjoy it and I hope it turns into a good investment!

Thanks! Insurance is the cheapest part of this car - about $1100 CDN for the driving season.

Reactions: 1 user

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
How has the depreciation been on used one?

They seem like good drivers cars unlike a euro performance car or a z06 or something so I imagine they get some miles put on them. Are they going to be like ls1 f bodies in 10-15 years where they get harvested for drivetrain?

They sure make a lot of hellcats compared to zl1 Camaro, gt500's, ect.

It is pretty middle of the road; they hold a strong paper value, but second hand reality is what the market will dictate. There are lots of unsold and under used cars out there thanks to market saturation. 2019 went from being a low production year to a falsely inflated production year thanks to the Power Dollars incentives... FCA is still building 2019s through November. This makes my car worth less (worthless?) in the long run - so adding copious miles won't matter now.

And yes, these cars will make good swap donors - but not at the same price point as the LS1 cars because of the depreciation curve difference based on starting value.

Reactions: 1 users

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
Necessity is the mother of invention. Needed to devise a way to keep the battery charged while parked. Only problem is the car backed in so getting to the battery is stupid difficult, and the front end of these cars are sealed up tighter than a nun's... err... moving on. Plus having the hood popped open under the car cover bothers me.

So I "popped" out the PS head light plug and ran the leads I made through it. Bingo. Done. Zip tied an old microfiber to the sheathing for peace of mind.

019.jpg

I also swapped out the worm gear hose clamps on the catch can for more professional looking constant torque units.

Nothing left to do until Spring.

Reactions: 5 users

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
It is pretty middle of the road; they hold a strong paper value, but second hand reality is what the market will dictate. There are lots of unsold and under used cars out there thanks to market saturation. 2019 went from being a low production year to a falsely inflated production year thanks to the Power Dollars incentives... FCA is still building 2019s through November. This makes my car worth less (worthless?) in the long run - so adding copious miles won't matter now.

And yes, these cars will make good swap donors - but not at the same price point as the LS1 cars because of the depreciation curve difference based on starting value.

just wait for about 2/3 of them cracking their HellCats around trees and polls, then yours will one of the rare survivors....

Last edited:

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
Necessity is the mother of invention. Needed to devise a way to keep the battery charged while parked. Only problem is the car backed in so getting to the battery is stupid difficult, and the front end of these cars are sealed up tighter than a nun's... err... moving on. Plus having the hood popped open under the car cover bothers me.

So I "popped" out the PS head light plug and ran the leads I made through it. Bingo. Done. Zip tied an old microfiber to the sheathing for peace of mind.

View attachment 128686

I also swapped out the worm gear hose clamps on the catch can for more professional looking constant torque units.

Nothing left to do until Spring.

I have the same charger, been working great for years

1 RARE T

Master Mechanic
Jul 14, 2015
It sucks balls that you have to just dream about power sliding that beast through your neighbourhood for a few months.

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
It sucks balls that you have to just dream about power sliding that beast through your neighbourhood for a few months.

All while still making the payments on it. I'll have a bunch of things to install on it in the Spring that should augment the driving experience (which was pretty short lived this year).

1 RARE T

Master Mechanic
Jul 14, 2015
I have a 4 car garage to keep it should the pain be too much to bare.

• Winner
  • Haha
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor