2019 Challenger Widebooty HellKitty (she's giving me the meatsweats...)

Status
Not open for further replies.

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
I have a 4 car garage to keep it should the pain be too much to bare.

I should be okay as it is a case of out of sight, out of mind. However, it was funny setting up the battery charger this weekend when I peeled the car cover back, stood there for a second remembering that I have a Hellcat in front of me, and let it sink in before starting work (and getting it bloody, big car still has tight spaces).

Reactions: 2 users
Oct 14, 2008
Melville,Saskatchewan
So a while back I caught wind of a new "ceramic" coating system from Turtle Wax - which unlike the more commercial and high-end consumer-grade products was supposed to be really user friendly. My boy, Pan (good French Canadian kid) had some really positive things to say - so I ordered some up off Amazon once it became available in Canuckistan. To my excitement it showed up today (a week early!); what I didn't realize is that the detailing spray came in 1 litre containers which is a hell of a deal. The four bottles were about $100 to my door which is very fair. Looking forward to doing a complete once over on the car in the next day or so.

https://www.amazon.ca/s?k=turtle+wax+hybrid+solutions&sprefix=turtle+wax+hy&ref=nb_sb_ss_i_2_13&tag=

Here's a couple of videos covering the product line.

Awesome, I have been pissed since became unavailable in Canada. Does this go on plastic and tires like ICE?

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
Awesome, I have been pissed since became unavailable in Canada. Does this go on plastic and tires like ICE?

I put it on the paint, glass, wheels, and trim. I didn't do the tires as I have dedicated products for that. I've managed to do 3 coats (on two cars) and still have enough in the bottle to do one more coat. If the weather cooperates in the next few days I am going to polish and seal the TBSS - I bet this product really shines (pun intended) on darker colours.

Oct 14, 2008
Melville,Saskatchewan
Cool, if it goes on the plastic trim, I'm sold. Turtle Wax Ice was the best all around polish I have used.

Reactions: 1 user

69hurstolds

Geezer
Supporting Member
Jan 2, 2006
Just recommending waxes/polishes-

I've tried a bunch. And I know a lot of times it makes a difference if you can get the stuff or not and price points, etc., etc., but here are two that IMO, the final results are stunning.

I like the Zaino system myself. Once you do the first prep and polish, it's on easy street the rest of the way, and lasts a VERY long time with super-minimal upkeep. Especially if it's kept in the garage. It's like a micro-coating but when done right, the results are very very nice. A tiny bit goes a long way.

Although not a sealer type of coating (save for their ceramic coating as I've never used that), Adam's general line of waxes/polishes is another great group of products I've used in the past with nice results, although it's not designed to last super long. They do use carnauba in their wax. It really comes down to what you like best, though.

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan

I've tried a bunch. And I know a lot of times it makes a difference if you can get the stuff or not and price points, etc., etc., but here are two that IMO, the final results are stunning.

I like the Zaino system myself. Once you do the first prep and polish, it's on easy street the rest of the way, and lasts a VERY long time with super-minimal upkeep. Especially if it's kept in the garage. It's like a micro-coating but when done right, the results are very very nice. A tiny bit goes a long way.

Although not a sealer type of coating (save for their ceramic coating as I've never used that), Adam's general line of waxes/polishes is another great group of products I've used in the past with nice results, although it's not designed to last super long. They do use carnauba in their wax. It really comes down to what you like best, though.

I am lazy - hence the sad condition of the wagon up until recently. I prefer my energy to go into building cars, driving cars, and anything to do with cleaning is a far last goal. Clean is clean enough.

Reactions: 1 users

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
Reactions: 1 user
Oct 14, 2008
Melville,Saskatchewan

Unfortunately we are brand limited in Canada. On modern cars with all the plastic trim Turtle Wax Ice or this new Ceramic polish, from what Mike said is much more user friendly. Almost all the other polishes leave white residue on the plastic and don't shine as well as the TW Ice. It even works on rims/tires and doesn't collect dust like tire shine.

• Informative
Reactions: 1 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor