2019 Challenger Widebooty HellKitty (she's giving me the meatsweats...)

Status
Not open for further replies.

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
  • Haha
Reactions: 1 users

81cutlass

Comic Book Super Hero
Feb 16, 2009
Western MN
Now all I notice on challengers is black rockers. They stand out so much it annoys me now.

Thanks jerk! I never cared before!

Now I want to paint every black rocker on challengers. GARHR!!!

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
Now all I notice on challengers is black rockers. They stand out so much it annoys me now.

Thanks jerk! I never cared before!

Now I want to paint every black rocker on challengers. GARHR!!!

Sorry, not sorry.

I believe Dodge left them ugly on purpose, and kept them that way, as a cost cutting measure.

The front lip and rear valance I understand - that stuff takes a beating. But the sides? Only of you hard park on top of curbs.

They aren't even black, they are a hideous non-descript grey.

Reactions: 2 users

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
Almost have 2000kms on it now. Took it into Ottawa to see what the city is like - as dead as you can imagine. Maybe two dozen people walking around. Eery. I wanted to snap some pictures near the normal sites but everything is locked down hard. So I went to a little place out of the way on the way back: the Aviation and Space Museum.

IMG_20200504_204505.jpg
IMG_20200504_204547.jpg
IMG_20200504_204557.jpg
IMG_20200504_204629.jpg
IMG_20200504_204653.jpg

This is big if true (that's 0-60mph in freedom units):

IMG_20200504_211856.jpg

Cannot play much more than that unless I want to make the news.

• Winner
Reactions: 8 users

rwd_pete

Greasemonkey
Oct 3, 2006
Niagara Falls
The Redeyes are Awesome cars. My buddy tried to order a Demon without success but after a 10 month wait, the Redeye that he ordered came in last July.
IMG_2432.jpeg

I went with him down to the Monster Mopar event at Summit Motorsport Park in Ohio last summer. He was racing his 8.80 Dodge Daytona bracket car.

The guy pitted across from us had a Demon. He told us that he usually launched at 1200 rpm. Earlier that day he had launched at 1600. He was waiting for a new driveshaft to get couriered in from some shop in Michigan. Broke the rear U joint. They all seem to launch at low rpm.
Picture1.jpg

A think this shop out of Toronto sponsored some of the Hellcat class.
Picture2.jpg

We heard that the Toronto guy in the black Redeye hadn't run at a track before but it was 10's off the trailer. The fellow with the red Demon told us his slicks moved about 1/2" on the rim every run. My buddy is considering these beadlocks, but they are really pricey.
Picture3.jpg

There were a bunch of Demons there and a few Redeyes.
Picture6.jpg

My son drove down separately. He rented a Challenger for the weekend to drive down. It was $100 to park in the pits for the weekend or $5 if he entered the Hemifest class. He took the cheaper route but didn't race it.
Picture8.jpg

Picture9.jpg

My son and I were walking around the end of the track and there was a Charger parked at the side, engine running, and making a lot of rattling. We asked the lady if she needed help. I think the rear U joint broke and the driveshaft was rattling around in the safety loop. She couldn't get it to shut off. A friend had to pull a fuse to kill it. A really fast car. She said that she drives it on the street sometimes.
Picture7.jpg

I don't know if the event will run this summer, but if you ever have the chance to attend, there sure are a lot of nice late model Mopars there.

Pete

Reactions: 2 users

81cutlass

Comic Book Super Hero
Feb 16, 2009
Western MN
How whiney are the blowers on these cars from 100-300ft away?

I'm used to my M90 and M122 blower cars and you can't hear them whine. There is an orange/red challenger HC (might be a demon since I think it has the wide single inlet hood scoop) that lives in my neighborhood that drives by sometimes. I can hear the blower from a surprisingly far distance and the exhaust doesn't seem stock. The guy that owns it is old so I am wondering if he is just some old guy that wanted a toy and thats how they are from the factory or if he put a pulley, ditched the hood insulation and did a resonator delete on it.

Reactions: 1 user

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
How whiney are the blowers on these cars from 100-300ft away?

I'm used to my M90 and M122 blower cars and you can't hear them whine. There is an orange/red challenger HC (might be a demon since I think it has the wide single inlet hood scoop) that lives in my neighborhood that drives by sometimes. I can hear the blower from a surprisingly far distance and the exhaust doesn't seem stock. The guy that owns it is old so I am wondering if he is just some old guy that wanted a toy and thats how they are from the factory or if he put a pulley, ditched the hood insulation and did a resonator delete on it.

At idle or really light load? No, the blower doesn't really make a peep. Not like a Procharger that whirls and sounds like a bad alternator bearing (that disappears with RPM). Tip into it and it starts screaming. Dodge had IHI design it this way. As I've come to understand it IHI installed straight cut gears to generate the desired noise when things tighten/speed up, and uses a dampened drive pulley to take up the slack at low speeds and off throttle moments. So adding a solid pulley (which people are now learning is a really stupid thing to do - I believe I highlighted this a few pages back) could increase the noise at lower speeds.

As for the (probable) Demon. Yup, the big scoop and big open element filter are contributing to the noise heard. The exhaust is probably(?) stock, and if he is driving it around in Track or Drag mode it may have the active exhaust valves opening sooner than in Street mode. You can see the differences in the tunes between a Demon and a HC/Redeye. He could have also installed bypass plates or wired the valves open for more noise - pretty easy to do.

There is actually a difference in the types of mid-muffler/resonators on these cars by year and model. Some have large case-style mids and some have longer bullets. My car came with the bullets, same as a Demon - so it may be louder than say a Charger HC with the case-style. No one has been able to determine the reasoning for the difference.

• Informative
Reactions: 1 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor