2019 Challenger Widebooty HellKitty (she's giving me the meatsweats...)

Status
Not open for further replies.

fleming442

Captain Tenneal
Dec 26, 2013
I saw a white Challenger with some sweet white letter, low-profile tires and long, pointy, black lug nuts. It ruled, and was completely unworthy of attempting to get a pic.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
I saw a white Challenger with some sweet white letter, low-profile tires and long, pointy, black lug nuts. It ruled, and was completely unworthy of attempting to get a pic.

MOPAR guys are the biggest ricers.

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 3 users

81cutlass

Comic Book Super Hero
Feb 16, 2009
Western MN
Most cars have a type of owner.

Challengers have almost the broadest ownership demographics of almost any car. In both good and bad ways...

jiho

Royal Smart Person
Jul 26, 2013
I also agree that the 1/4 mile is vastly overrated as a performance benchmark. Funny, every respected auto publication on the planet references 1/4 mile times in the specs for a vehicle. Ad Execs will stress the numbers if the "performance version" is respectable by todays standards.

The Buick turbo is a good example. Huh? Good Example of having a convertor perfectly matched for nearly zero lag? The intercooled version was king of the strip for a while, but it had by far the most turbo lag of all the Buick turbos. You've obviously driven different cars than I have because this is just false. So how useful was that power on the road? Useful enough to be quicker than anything else for a couple years. Sorry Corvette.

I'm certainly no expert but have owned Turbo Buicks since the 90's. Not sure you have or where your info comes from. Do tell.

Hmm, this is looking more like a flame war than anything on-topic for this thread .... but let's give it one try.

"Respected" auto publications? "Ad Execs"? Those are funny jokes. :mrgreen:

But seriously, I stated what could only be an OPINION on the 1/4 mile, not a fact, so argument is endless and useless. Straight line performance is one thing, road performance another. Opinions will obviously vary, depending on which kind of performance rates a higher priority. I happen to think 1/4 mile performance is fun, but not a high priority for a car I drive on the road.

The one and only FACT I stated is that the intercooled Buick has a lot of turbo lag. That's TURBO lag, Nothing to do with the "convertor." TURBO lag is the elapsed time between the moment you stomp on it and the moment the turbocharger spools up and develops peak boost. It's a function of intake air path and turbochager size. I believe the statement about TURBO lag is accurate.

I ended with a question, not a statement of fact, about how useful Buick turbo power is on the road. The whole point was to raise the question, not answer it. In the 1/4 mile, Corvettes routinely beat Buick turbos off the line, only to lose ground later and get left in the dust. Would those same Buick turbos leave those same Corvettes in the dust out on the road? It might depend on how many curves the road has, and how much opportunity there is to exercise top end.

So again I end with a question, not a statement of fact. Is there an objective measure of accuracy for questions? That's another question. :mrgreen:

Anyway, I'm done with it. You can rant all you like, I won't respond in this thread on this off-topic flame war any further.

Last edited:

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
Riiiight.

So I ordered a new, replacement (?), bypass module for the HP Tuners bypass cable I installed a few months ago. Which prevented me from doing more invasive things to this car.

This:
IMG_20200615_094156.jpg

IMG_20200615_094218.jpg

Replaces the SGW module:
IMG_20200615_205849_01.jpg

To get that out I had to do this:
IMG_20200615_204102.jpg

IMG_20200615_204822_01.jpg

And trying to fish out the HP Tuners cable resulted in this:
IMG_20200615_205615_01.jpg

Which is why I pulled out the whole module.

The payoff should be tomorrow.

Reactions: 2 users

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
Reactions: 2 users

69hurstolds

Geezer
Supporting Member
Jan 2, 2006
Sweet forearm pic, Popeye.
I think he was making a point when you reach up inside Hell Kitty, then Hell Kitty will scratch you in retaliation. Hell Kitty doesn't care for that sh*t of tearing the dash apart, apparently.

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor