2019 Challenger Widebooty HellKitty (she's giving me the meatsweats...)

Status
Not open for further replies.

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
Ever rub a cat's belly, and then for absolutely no reason it mauls you? This was that moment.

But you are right, I've f*cked with this car more than I said I would. Man, I am such a liar and deserve the chowdered forearm.

you are not a liar, you were just living in denial but you were overcome with reality during the covid lockdown...you can't leave things alone.... :popcorn:

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users

Supercharged111

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 25, 2019
Colorado Springs, CO
Nope. The IHIs start eating themselves with additional engine RPM and blower speeds. Rotors come out of time and start contacting each other, or they send chunks of rotors through the hood.

We are talking within 1000 miles.

I posted a thread about it a few pages back - around March.

EDIT: Found it - https://gbodyforum.com/threads/2019-challenger-widebooty-hellkitty.75077/post-758472

Also, the new new in HC world is a push to centrifugal blowers and turbos. But, only because the vendors have found it profitable. It is a really narrow minded and generally inept community.

Gah, I went hunting before the edit. That was a dig. I'd forgotten all about that. So when's the Procharger going on? We all know it's just a matter of time.

Reactions: 1 user

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
Gah, I went hunting before the edit. That was a dig. I'd forgotten all about that. So when's the Procharger going on? We all know it's just a matter of time.

6.5 years to go before the warranty is up.

Reactions: 1 users

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
I didn't get to go to the track this weekend so I made a Beta run on building an intercooler water sprayer (stilly HellKitty thinks its a Subaru) for the LTR:

Goal with this project was to be completely reversible (check), use the factory wiper stalk to actuate it without tripping the wipers (check), and offer a more effective cool down/maintenance of intake temperatures (pending). Eventually, I may slap together an Arduino with a temp probe in the heat exchanger and get it to reference off of boost too. I have some misting nozzles, nylon hose, a solenoid, and quick connect fittings coming to build a better mouse trap.

Yes, I know it is better to spray stuff into the engine - but I would also like to maintain my warranty.

• Creative
Reactions: 3 users

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
you better hope no one from Dodge admin reads this thread.... :popcorn:

There are things done I won't even publicly disclose. Or are there? ;)

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
12 minutes of blower whine.

The Hellcat catches a widebody Redeye around the 7 minute mark.

Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor