2019 Challenger Widebooty HellKitty (she's giving me the meatsweats...)

Status
Not open for further replies.

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
SRT Power Chiller™ — This innovative, award-winning feature comes standard on both the Challenger SRT Super Stock and SRT Hellcat Redeye, diverts the air-conditioning refrigerant from the interior cabin to a chiller unit mounted by the low-temperature circuit coolant pump. Charged air coolant, after being cooled by ambient air passing through a low-temperature radiator at the front of the vehicle, flows through the chiller unit, where it is further cooled. The chilled coolant then flows to the heat exchangers in the supercharger. By lowering the intake air temperature further, the results equal an improvement in performance

That's cool as hell.

Remember when 400 hp was really something? ;)

But... but... it uses the A/C and will drop water on the track. The whole way down!

When I was on Power Tour in 2012 the aftermarket was just starting to do it. Met a nice dude with an XLR-V with it done.

I am thinking about retrofitting it to my car down the line when the parts become more accessible.

When my wife's generic V6 midsize truck has over 300hp you know the world has changed. I really want to get her into a Hellcat Durango... I might need to start working the street corners again.

Reactions: 1 user

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
Gutted the car and did a little more permanent weight reduction. Silly block heater cord.

IMG_20200702_210627.jpg

Looks like a bowling alley.
IMG_20200702_221237.jpg

Saturday is race day.

Also got news that autocross is kicking of in mid-July. Whoooooohoooooooo!

Reactions: 4 users

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
Are 2x4s still 2x4s in Canada?

Not really, they get confused with 2-4s.

88°C (190°Freedom Degrees) thermostat is here. This one won't throw a code.

IMG_20200703_100100.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor