2019 Challenger Widebooty HellKitty (she's giving me the meatsweats...)

Status
Not open for further replies.

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
Understood - I thought once the trax control was off you had it all. I guess I'm too old for all this computer control. I'll stick to the old stuff.

My brain. My feet. My hands. My inner ear. And my butt. These things used to make sense of all this nonsense:

1594041444118.png

Which somehow used to be my job to control. Turning off the nannies helps. However there are still regulated digital outputs relative to my analogue inputs. Its painful.

81cutlass

Comic Book Super Hero
Feb 16, 2009
Western MN
At least you know probably what you are doing wrong. That's half the battle!

Reactions: 1 users

lilbowtie

Comic Book Super Hero
Jan 7, 2006
Canton Mi
Before I retired, all the engine mapping was done by computer while sampling emissions and it dialed everything to optimum. A job we once did and took countless hours. That was 7 years ago and I can only imagine the parameters and what is being controlled now days. You said it best "it's trying defeat the controlling nannies".

Reactions: 1 user

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
At least you know probably what you are doing wrong. That's half the battle!

Yeah, its been a steep learning curve especially considering the car has barely 3100kms on it now. That is very limited seat time for an animal such as this.

In other news:

1594045664543.png

AUTOCROSS TIME! I am soooooo pumped for this - it has been months in the making.

Nothing like managing multiple learning curves.

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
Yeah, its been a steep learning curve especially considering the car has barely 3100kms on it now. That is very limited seat time for an animal such as this.

In other news:

View attachment 151035

AUTOCROSS TIME! I am soooooo pumped for this - it has been months in the making.

Nothing like managing multiple learning curves.

I just looked at the course map, you will not only be dealing with learning curves, there are a bunch of other curves you will have to negotiate... :popcorn:

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
I don't know how involved you get with the set up for autocross but the tire temps, inside/middle/outside will tell you what the car is doing and adjustments based on the tire temps can get the car quicker through the course.

Reactions: 1 users

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
I don't know how involved you get with the set up for autocross but the tire temps, inside/middle/outside will tell you what the car is doing and adjustments based on the tire temps can get the car quicker through the course.

Chalking tires to measure for roll over on to the shoulder is good for tuning the car too; add/remove pressure to get the most out of the rubber. I will be pretty limited in what I can do to this car without taking points and risking going up a class or more. I do have some simple tricks to aid me, like leaving the interior out. I can delete 10% or about 450lbs from the car without taking a points penalty. The way the car is now it is down about 200lbs from stock.

Where's my hole saw and plasma cutter?

Reactions: 2 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor