2019 Challenger Widebooty HellKitty (she's giving me the meatsweats...)

Status
Not open for further replies.

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
higher rated front springs would help to not transfer as much cross weight and would take some weight off the RR. I don't know what the spring rating of the front sway bar or the compression and rebound of your shocks are and if you have any control of the settings of your shocks. The other issues is these parking lots are slopped in different areas for water drainage so it's hard to gauge the stance of a car in any particular corner. At one of the circle tracks that has high banks we had an 1100 lbs spring at the right front and 180 lbs in the right rear so the right rear would plant itself coming out of the corner. We had a 135 lbs srping on the LR so that would not put more weight on the LF when hitting the corner. With a high bank we did not need to plant the nose for the front to get some help going around the corner. with low or no banks you want the nose to be planted.

My head is more about resisting the tendency to violently shift weight in the moment; IRS is a saving grace. I have three shock settings I can leverage: Sport and Track seem to make the most sense while autocrossing - Street is spongy. Go back and watch the video I posted from Sunday... the elevation change in the lot is so very drastic. The drainage sucks so bad there - did you see the lake?

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
I did see the lake you can even see the elevations from the last photo you posted. One thing Hellkitty has that I have never worked with to set up a car is the independent rear suspension and I have no idea on how that effects the balance of the car.

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
I did see the lake you can even see the elevations from the last photo you posted. One thing Hellkitty has that I have never worked with to set up a car is the independent rear suspension and I have no idea on how that effects the balance of the car.

Same lot, different chassis - a lot less tilting.

It is all relative, I am just out here to learn and have a good time. :)

Reactions: 1 user

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
we don't know what spring rate or sway bar he is using and the G bodies have an anti dive system with the angle the uppers are on. We had a hell of a time trying to get our G body circle track cars to put it's nose down for corners on low banked tracks. And it's great you there to have a good time and to learn as you go. It's a great lesson for your daughter to teach her it's fun and rewarding working toward something and it's not done in a millisecond with the click of a mouse.

Reactions: 1 users

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
we don't know what spring rate or sway bar he is using and the G bodies have an anti dive system with the angle the uppers are on. We had a hell of a time trying to get our G body circle track cars to put it's nose down for corners on low banked tracks. And it's great you there to have a good time and to learn as you go. It's a great lesson for your daughter to teach her it's fun and rewarding working toward something and it's not done in a millisecond with the click of a mouse.

Duuude. That is me in my old Buick - I know everything about it. ;) 800/200 lb/in springs. 36mm F-body front, Hellwig P/T rear. Bilstein shocks.

Last night I had my oldest polish a rock she found and wanted to give as a gift to a teacher. I told her to manage her expectations about how long it was going to take. After about 30 minutes of sanding with 220 grit she got pissed and stormed off while I was working on the wagon. I had to fetch her, bring her back out to the garage and talk her down - explaining that nothing worth having comes quick or easy, and even if she spends one more minute the next time than the last she is building her resolve and resilience in the face of adversity. Additionally when you want to be selfless you are fully committed to seeing the task through. Then I got to sanding the rock with 400 grit... and we polished it out with a Dremel and some rouge together.

She was pleased.

• Winner
Reactions: 5 users

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
  • Haha
Reactions: 3 users

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
This car has an obscene amount of underhood heat, and it seems to hold it very well. Too well - especially with the hood closed. Here's what the pre-2019 cars look like:

The 2019+ cars do not have vents in the hood. The largest heat source is pretty obvious. It's the Kitty's cats.

So I built these:

IMG_20200905_205921.jpg
IMG_20200905_210648.jpg
IMG_20200905_211820.jpg
IMG_20200905_211825.jpg
IMG_20200911_174756.jpg
IMG_20200911_185151.jpg

And after a flogging the surface temperature was just 150*F, the cat was 500*F.

• Creative
Reactions: 7 users

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
Slick! 😎👊

Thanks, hopefully there are no failures. LOL.

There are commercially available options: http://www.improvedracing.com/oil-c...nd-catalytic-converter-heat-shield-p-854.html

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor