2019 Challenger Widebooty HellKitty (she's giving me the meatsweats...)

Status
Not open for further replies.

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan

Yeah, I pooped a little.

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users

carnutjw

G-Body Guru
Sep 17, 2017
Excuse my ignorance, or impatience for not catching the answer to my question somewhere else in the thread, but are you getting enough heat in the tires? Looks like you're doing the burnout in first gear. Have you tried second for more wheel speed(and hence heat)? How do you know you're "there"? Could someone check tire temps right out of the box? BTW- looks like a lot of pedal pumping and sequence of events, I'm afraid I would get lost. Much respect for using the car the way it was built to be used.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
Excuse my ignorance, or impatience for not catching the answer to my question somewhere else in the thread, but are you getting enough heat in the tires? Looks like you're doing the burnout in first gear. Have you tried second for more wheel speed(and hence heat)? How do you know you're "there"? Could someone check tire temps right out of the box? BTW- looks like a lot of pedal pumping and sequence of events, I'm afraid I would get lost. Much respect for using the car the way it was built to be used.

The car can do 60mph in first... how much more wheel speed do you want?! LOL. Second is an option. The issue wasn't traction, it is the bog off the launch. The left lane, in the "code brown" video, wasn't prepared for drag radials or slicks - it was the street tire lane. Hence blowing the tires off. The other issue was balancing tire temp to track temp - it was 54*F and overcast so super hot tires is not necessary as I understand it. COVID has really restricted the help you can bring with you up here.

Regardless, thanks for the input - and I am happy to beat on this thing as nature intended.

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan

fleming442

Captain Tenneal
Dec 26, 2013
That sucks that you can't take crew. Down here, most tracks allow up to 10 crew members, but no spectators. Hence, the new term "crewtators" has been coined. I had considered going to Cecil County, but their proximity to and ability to attract racers from the NY/NJ/Philly area has them throwing red C19 flags all over the place. Maybe that was their intent (discourage looky-loos), but I haven't had any issue with the tracks out here in the country. You just have to have a C19 form on file for NHRA.
Conversely, the dirt round tracks are operating with ZFG and allowing spectators.

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
That sucks that you can't take crew. Down here, most tracks allow up to 10 crew members, but no spectators. Hence, the new term "crewtators" has been coined. I had considered going to Cecil County, but their proximity to and ability to attract racers from the NY/NJ/Philly area has them throwing red C19 flags all over the place. Maybe that was their intent (discourage looky-loos), but I haven't had any issue with the tracks out here in the country. You just have to have a C19 form on file for NHRA.
Conversely, the dirt round tracks are operating with ZFG and allowing spectators.

Quebec is borderline lock-down again, and has a zero tolerance approach. The challenge is it is putting the track at risk financially by not allowing spectators. The problem is people's nature prevents them from using good judgement if allowed in.

Last edited:

81cutlass

Comic Book Super Hero
Feb 16, 2009
Western MN
On a side note from your tire post yesterday

Is the Hoosier QTP a stiff or wrinkle wall slick? Doing my research it looks like a stick car or a heavy car (both my 2+2 and your HC are both) should have a stiff wall. The QTP isn't marketed as a stiff wall but I think it is because it has a DOT rating.

Did you find out?

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
On a side note from your tire post yesterday

Is the Hoosier QTP a stiff or wrinkle wall slick? Doing my research it looks like a stick car or a heavy car (both my 2+2 and your HC are both) should have a stiff wall. The QTP isn't marketed as a stiff wall but I think it is because it has a DOT rating.

Did you find out?

My understanding is yes, this the right tire for our application.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor