2019 Challenger Widebooty HellKitty (she's giving me the meatsweats...)

Status
Not open for further replies.

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
Spent a good chunk of time getting HPTuners logging the HellKitty properly. Big learning curve figuring out which sensors do what to produce viable data on this platform - especially considering it is about a 10000:1 ratio of LS-threads to HEMI-threads talking about tuning/scanning. Demographically speaking it isn't a surprise as the vast majority of HC owners are completely hands-off.

Couple of interesting things here:

1. IAT B1S3 is showing the aftercooler/pre-intake valve temp - this is where a little post blower alky injection is going to come in handy (and a couple of alcohol/water intercooler sprayers);
2. The twin WB02s show Lambda at 1 outside of PE, the fuel trims reflect the known alcohol content (10%). Perfect. However, it is interesting that the calculated (not measured) alcohol percentage is still 0%. This is accounted for in the tune from the factory as stoich is ~13.5:1. This is why Lambda is a better indication of air fuel ratio as it focuses on oxygen not fuel composition. Down the line I plan on pressing this closer to 30% measured alcohol content, and it should be calculated as 20%;
3. Zero knock. Good pump fuel, moderate factory timing; and
4. All the boost (11.4-11.6 psi) is factory normal, and supporting calculated airmass (is really good).

1590154453023.png

This graph is using airmass (in grams) x 1.1 as a constant for a supercharged application (turbo and NA is 1.25) to produce the power calculations:

1590154469502.png

It isn't a perfect model, but if the airmass is there, and this is a Closed Loop system, the fuel will follow = Moar Powa Baby!

1590154481572.png

• Informative
Reactions: 3 users

1 RARE T

Master Mechanic
Jul 14, 2015
Considering you probably did this on a nice (still) cool day, that IAT temp sure seems high. What happens on a hot summer day? Yikes.

Obviously that's what the future alky spray is for. I would guess you can trim fuel if you're spraying or do these things like more?

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
Considering you probably did this on a nice (still) cool day, that IAT temp sure seems high. What happens on a hot summer day? Yikes.

Obviously that's what the future alky spray is for. I would guess you can trim fuel if you're spraying or do these things like more?

The air temp was about 77*F, so yes it is ugly. From what I logged it didn't pull any timing due to IAT. So it is all well and good for now.

And because this is a Closed Loop Lambda based system it will auto-compensate for the difference once the alky happens.

Reactions: 1 user

fleming442

Captain Tenneal
Dec 26, 2013
I'm curious to see what you can make happen with this. I found HP Tuners to be very user unfriendly, but if you speak it, work your magic. There aren't many that are fluent in the FCA 'puter ways, that I've seen, anyway. Do that voodoo that you do so well!

• Winner
Reactions: 3 users

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
On to the next project. I've been sitting on this one for about 6 months since first learning about it, like anything I just needed time to focus on it.

EDIT.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
Also did a little accessorizing.

IMG_20200525_162941.jpg
IMG_20200525_163123.jpg

Meow.

• Haha
Reactions: 6 users

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
what kind of fuel mileage do you get, reason for asking I saw a Pizza Pizza sign on the roof of a Redeye delivering pizzas.... :popcorn:

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users

blk7gxn

Royal Smart Person
Feb 7, 2019
what kind of fuel mileage do you get, reason for asking I saw a Pizza Pizza sign on the roof of a Redeye delivering pizzas.... :popcorn:
Probably was the guys second job JUST to pay for his fuel consumption :rofl:

• Haha
  • Agree
Reactions: 2 users

Supercharged111

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 25, 2019
Colorado Springs, CO
Geez, 162 and it's already in the red? My friend's CTSV's IAT2 which is post intercooler was about 180 when not in boost. When he did a pull to 120 it shot up to 270. He'd been complaining that it drops boost around 100. That's where he hit 250 as I went back through the data. The Dodge must have a better setup stock. Then again, he's pullied to Hell and back. We'll resume when he gets a bigger heat exchanger installed. Just know your IATs could be much, much worse. I went through all that back in Japan myself. Eventually went with a front mount for my roots blower. That worked excellent, but not feasible here.

Reactions: 1 users

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
Geez, 162 and it's already in the red? My friend's CTSV's IAT2 which is post intercooler was about 180 when not in boost. When he did a pull to 120 it shot up to 270. He'd been complaining that it drops boost around 100. That's where he hit 250 as I went back through the data. The Dodge must have a better setup stock. Then again, he's pullied to Hell and back. We'll resume when he gets a bigger heat exchanger installed. Just know your IATs could be much, much worse. I went through all that back in Japan myself. Eventually went with a front mount for my roots blower. That worked excellent, but not feasible here.

160something is just where I set the warning in HP Tuners, that isn't FCA's doing. Seems high to me - LOL. The Hellcats have one of the best Low Temp Radiator (LTR) on the market because it is fully divorced.

There is lots of real estate in the front of a HC for larger charge coolers.

Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor