2019 Challenger Widebooty HellKitty (she's giving me the meatsweats...)

Status
Not open for further replies.

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
Do they make a two step for these cars yet, or is it in the factory setup?

I never could manage a drag time worth a damn for my 2+2 until I got one from the recommendation of a pretty hard core t56 4th gen on spray guy. I literally would not try to drag a manual car again if I didn't have one. Being able to flat foot the throttle and just worry about actuating the clutch release time and keep the throttle pinned during shifts and just stab the clutch makes it SO much better. Plus blowing balls of fire out of the exhaust on shifts is pretty awesome, tehehe.

It might void that war-an-tee however...

A normal human has too much crap to worry about to launch a full weight blower stick car and not have it fail. I tried, and failed for like a year and a half. I went from like 15% missed shifts and bogging or blowing the tires most of the time the other 50% (and running mid 13's as a result) to running high 11's after 3-5 passes with the two step. I went from like 30% successful pass to probably 90% with the addition of the two step.

I still think the car would be better in a different color than appliance white (every hellkitty post needs a LITTLE jab about that) but it looks pretty good with the spacers on the front (I assume they are on!)

No two-step, no no-lift shift - unfortunately. You can add it with aftermarket components but that involves cutting wires. My brother and I are looking into getting the connectors to make a harness - but MOPAR is weird so we'll see if we can source the parts.

This car is definitely an uphill battle on the drag strip - with seven passes under my belt I am still way behind the curve on being decent.

1591017177066.png

Regardless, I had fun.

• Haha
Reactions: 5 users

Turbolq4

Royal Smart Person
Sep 25, 2017
Nampa Idaho
You're absolutely right!! Hur durrrrr!!! Over-rated car, shifter, pig, etc. My Gbody is faster!!!!

Wanna trade???

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
  • Haha
Reactions: 3 users

Northernregal

Sloppy McRodbender
Oct 24, 2017
Red Deer, Northern Montana territory
Bold move, racing a chunky monster with a stick.

Have you heard if there are common driveline failures on the track with those hellcats? I would imagine that's going to be an issue soon, if you are going to chip away at that 60 time.

Reactions: 1 users

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
Bold move, racing a chunky monster with a stick.

Have you heard if there are common driveline failures on the track with those hellcats? I would imagine that's going to be an issue soon, if you are going to chip away at that 60 time.

Some break driveshafts, half-shafts, and differentials. A lot don't. A wise man once said:

I got the extended B2B warranty for a reason.

• Haha
Reactions: 6 users

fleming442

Captain Tenneal
Dec 26, 2013
So, how's that work? It's at the track with <insert rear driveline failure here> , you change back to street wheels, call the wife to pick you up, then call roadside? Sounds complicated....

• Haha
  • Agree

ostrich

Master Mechanic
Aug 27, 2012
Ontario, Canada
Lol, reminds me of when we did this with a buddy's 5.0L Mustang years ago. He grenaded the T5 at the track he called me to pick him up, we pushed the car to the road and called roadside to come pick it up and tow it to the Ford dealer for warranty.

• Haha

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
Street and Racing Technology. Car comes factory with a line lock, launch control, Race Cooldown, and track suspension among other things. Straight out of the owner's manual:

This vehicle is equipped with a Launch Control system that is designed to allow the driver to achieve maximum vehicle acceleration in a straight line. Launch Control is a form of traction control that manages tire slip while launching the vehicle. This feature is intended for use during race events on a closed course where consistent quarter mile and 0–60 times are desired. The system is not intended to compen-sate for lack of driver experience or familiarity with the race track. Use of this feature in low traction (cold, wet, gravel, etc.) conditions may results in excess wheel slip outside this systems control resulting in an aborted launch

After making a pass down the drag strip, this feature helps cool the car after the engine has been shut down. The radiator fan and low temperature radiator coolant pump remain on after engine shutdown for a period up to 10 minutes or until target temperature is reached.

The Challenger SRT Hellcat’s NHRA-certified 10.8 second @ 126 mph quarter-mile sprint* —on soft-compound drag radial tires — wouldn’t be possible without the high-strength unequal-length half shafts (finger points) and matched CV joints. This is the final link in the chain of command between the Hellcat’s flywheel and rear tires — where all of the Hellcat engine’s furious power is unleashed to the pavement.

And here's how they advertised it:

Objectively speaking If the car is stock and something fails what leg do they have to stand on? I am just using it as marketed and designed. I didn't add 300hp and overload the drive line components and then look to FCA to cover the damage like some sort of scumbag.

And yes, I am tracking this caveat too: NOTE: Because of the extreme conditions encountered during track use, any damage or wear associated with track use may not be covered by warranty . But, that is for lapping days.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor