2019 Challenger Widebooty HellKitty (she's giving me the meatsweats...)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Supercharged111

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 25, 2019
Colorado Springs, CO

Redoing my original response.

images (15).jpeg

Well dammit, it's much better as a.gif.

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
I am done licking my wounds after another difficult day at the track. It was stupid hot so it slowed a lot of people down - but, that wasn't my main concern. I still cannot figure out how to launch the car. Low RPM, high RPM, launch control, slip the clutch, dump the clutch... it just kept bogging and bogging. It was painful.

This is my best 60' (and best pass, it is low on MPH because I didn't shift into 4th); a 1.99 is not good on a well prepared track (there were Pro Mods running):
4 Jul 20 - Pass 6.png

This pass was a Launch Control test pass (set at 4500rpms). Here you can see where the ECM throttle cuts (green line) despite what my right foot desires (cyan line). The car then loses a tonne of RPM, power and falls flat. I have also circled that the Torque Reserve building about 6.5psi of boost only to take it away. Every pass had symptoms like this. :(

Bog1.jpg

After some research and thinking. I realized that with the car in Track Mode its still maintains Stability Control (with Traction Control disabled) which may have been neutering the car. So I dropped the pressure in the tires and took it for a couple of hits. As you can see the car, even with wheel spin (and there was plenty) it feeds the throttle in, and doesn't pull it out. It also stops using Torque Reserve (overloading the car on the launch and forcing the car to pull power), instead it comes in very progressively. I can definitely see why they make it difficult to turn all the nannies off (hold the button down for 5 seconds) because it makes the car a handful. If this doesn't solve it I will probably go to an aftermarket 2 step and WOT (no lift shift) setup.

SC3.jpg

I really should go back and snap a picture of the very dark parallel decorations I left on the road. You could plainly see where I shifted...

Reactions: 3 users

Supercharged111

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 25, 2019
Colorado Springs, CO
What are your shift times? That lag between commanded and delivered TP is noticeable on lift off, but seems instant when you crack back into it on that first screen shot. I can see you didn't bang it near as hard on the street.

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan

Supercharged111

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 25, 2019
Colorado Springs, CO
You have me wondering about mine now. I think the shift time becomes more important the more power the car is making. I can outshift the ever living crap out of my competition and I don't seem to gain an inch on them in my 260whp Camaro on a road course. But then I watched Cleetus get his *ss handed to him on every single upshift with a faceplated T56 against a bunch of GTRs running 7s I think.

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
You have me wondering about mine now. I think the shift time becomes more important the more power the car is making. I can outshift the ever living crap out of my competition and I don't seem to gain an inch on them in my 260whp Camaro on a road course. But then I watched Cleetus get his *ss handed to him on every single upshift with a faceplated T56 against a bunch of GTRs running 7s I think.

If I had a cable throttle body this wouldn't even be a discussion. The nannies are there to keep people from killing themselves and others.

Supercharged111

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 25, 2019
Colorado Springs, CO
If I had a cable throttle body this wouldn't even be a discussion. The nannies are there to keep people from killing themselves and others.

Ahh, that makes sense. My Z06 doesn't feel like it lags. I should log a good 2-3 and see for myself. I hurt 2nd gear so don't want to know the answer there.

lilbowtie

Comic Book Super Hero
Jan 7, 2006
Canton Mi
I can see you being disappointed, Your losing so much off the line. What are you running for tires on the rear. We moved to drag radials and love them.

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
I can see you being disappointed, Your losing so much off the line. What are you running for tires on the rear. We moved to drag radials and love them.

325/45R17 M&H Drag Masters. Its not a traction issue - it is power application. And I want it all.

Reactions: 2 users

lilbowtie

Comic Book Super Hero
Jan 7, 2006
Canton Mi
Understood - I thought once the trax control was off you had it all. I guess I'm too old for all this computer control. I'll stick to the old stuff.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor