[CANCELED] 2020 G-Body Classic, July 25th, Cleveland OH

Status
Not open for further replies.

rogue_ryder

Master Mechanic
Oct 27, 2017
Colorado
And it's not centrally located. That's not a good sign.

Of course it'd be nice if this event were Kansas City or somewhere else smack dab in the middle of the U.S. but OH is where the organizer lives and it's easier to put together an event where you live vs. 1000 miles away. So I won't complain, I think it's pretty awesome someone is putting together a big event dedicated to the Gbodies. Locally at shows Goodguys Nationals, KBPI and even Cars n Coffee Gbodies are way underrepresented and when they are at the shows they don't get much respect. 2 years ago there was an 83 H/O at the Goodguys and nobody was checking that car out and at Cars n Coffee most older guys will say "that's not a real 442" about my car, and even think it's powered by a TPI SBC (well it is a REAL 442 and it's all Olds).

It'd be a roughly 3,000 mile round trip for me. Probably unrealistic that I'd make this year, since I'm still working out the bugs with my new engine swap and my tow vehicle needs some work too. I'm hoping for maybe a 2021 visit if it's still going.

JAMCAR223

Royal Smart Person
Jun 6, 2014
Houston, TX.
Not sure why you felt the need to quote me, but since you did, I'll start like this... First, my statement was targeted towards Chris, the owner of GBodyForum.com. I consider him a friend, since he supports my annual Turbo Buick / GBody get together car show each year. He supplies me with goodie bag items that I give away at the event. Sooo, when he was talking about planning a get together for the Forum's anniversary, myself (and others) thought that it would be best if it was centrally located, to give his event the best chance of being successful. His event is something I would like to support. Second, the organizer you speak of, may be from Ohio, but he organizes the G Body Classic Car Show, not the GBodyForum event I was speaking of. In the end, Chris decided to piggyback this event, to give him a better chance of success, and I can't blame him for that. It just won't allow 3/4 of the U.S. to attend. ( unfortunately anywhere in the U.S. probably would have not been ideal for our Canadian members ). His choice will ultimately help the G Body Classic event the most, and again, that is cool. I know how much work it takes to plan, and organize an event like this, and I wish GBodyForum & G Body Classic all the best. I hope Chris learns from this experience, and will promote his own event next time, in an area closer to his home ( just like the organizer you speak of ). When that happens. you and I both, along with the rest of the country, have a better chance of attending. Chris lives in Oklahoma, and I almost guarantee if his event was in Kansas, we would have both made our hotel arrangements already... ✌

Reactions: 1 user

Macguyver

SOUTHSIDE MACHINE PERFORMANCE
GBodyForum Sponsor
Mar 21, 2017
Trailer them up if you can't drive them. We plan on being there again if there is a vaccine for the COVID-19.

GP403

Administrator
Site Admin
Feb 25, 2005
Rolla, MO
le bump.

It's now 2 months out from show day exactly. Wondering if everyone is still planning on going or if this COVID crap has folks second guessing travel plans. I'm still on the fence. It's practically a week long trip for me unless I bust out here->Indy in one day and same on the return. 🤮

As far as I know, Brian and Frank are still planning on holding the event. Has anyone changed their mind? Trying to gauge if its gonna be worth the trip or a washout with all the myriad of crap going on.

mclellan83

Comic Book Super Hero
Jun 27, 2017
Pgh, PA
I will be going, trying to get a few buddies to bring theirs as well

Reactions: 1 users

GP403

Administrator
Site Admin
Feb 25, 2005
Rolla, MO
Just got off the live facebook announcement.

Thanks to Brian and Frank for putting this thing on, and I totally understand the reasons why. The liability on them and pull-a-part right now was just too great and I can't blame them a bit.

We'll postpone the 15th party until next year. 15+1 or something.

• Agree
Reactions: 3 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor