2020 Hot Rod Power Tour

Status
Not open for further replies.

superbon54

G-Body Guru
Apr 15, 2014
Wisco
What kind of venue is Davenport and Madison, do you know?

The former car-craft show and the MN state fair grounds and the goodguys show at the Iowa state fair grounds is really good, but the power tour show ground at Iowa speedway last I went kinda sucked and was just in a hot, dusty parking lot without any bathrooms, shade, not much for food, water, ect.

Just want to be prepared when I go.

Davenport is a fair grounds and Madison is at the Alliant energy center (small arena/stadium).

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users

81cutlass

Comic Book Super Hero
Feb 16, 2009
Western MN
Looks like no trees at either Madison or Davenport. Bring a canopy!

PBGBodyFan

G-Body Guru
Mar 3, 2009
Wisconsin
Davenport is a fair grounds and Madison is at the Alliant energy center (small arena/stadium).

It was spread out but a nice location, not much shade but in early/mid June the heat shouldn’t be too bad. Dry parking lot, I parked my SS maybe 1/2 mile away and walked over, I was somewhat familiar with the venue which helped too. Sounds a-lot safer than Madison, IL 😆

Gonzo1970

G-Body Guru
Sep 30, 2018
A little clarity because I got really confused for a moment..

There are two Madison stops on the 2020 Tour.. Madison, IL and Madison, WI.

:)

-Gonz

mclellan83

Comic Book Super Hero
Jun 27, 2017
Pgh, PA
As soon as I heard 2 Madison's it made me think of how fun that could be

But Hot Rod Power Tour is still on my bucket list, I would really like to go this year but dunno if that'll happen

vanrah

G-Body Guru
Apr 16, 2013
Near Afton, Wisconsin
Greetings Gonz & all; I noticed that you typed Madison ILL. Power Tour arrives at Madison Wisconsin on June 13th this year. And will be the Alliant energy center (small (perspective) arena/stadium. Per mentioned by PBGBodyFan.
They have been there at least three times in the past, but then Power Tour was only 3500 day & long haulers. Now I here it's up to 4500? Anyway in the past they had room for a modest size Auto-X & I hope to be on the course myself, bunch of FUN. In the past they had plenty of food vendors & porta podies . And last NO gravel, all hot blacktop & cement. OK one more ++ usually the weather in early June is Perfect (subjective of course).Ole' Bob.

carnutjw

G-Body Guru
Sep 17, 2017
CPR for this thread. COVID-19 has assed up another aspect of my life. Still planning on doing the Long Haul. Got all my lodgings updated and Wifey is still ready to go. August dates might weed out some with no A/C and/or school age kids, but might allow some others to wrap up prep work. I'm still ready to head out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor