22 inch rims

Status
Not open for further replies.

str8muzick

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jul 12, 2009
deltona florida
i would like to put some 22 inch rims on my 1983 pontiac grand prix....what modification do i need to do to the car? and whats the recommened tires size

Qdub24

Royal Smart Person
Sep 6, 2006
Columbus, GA
I recomment 255/30/22 tires and just replace all your shocks, and maybe the springs. Make sure that your wheels are the correct offset.

shorty74

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Dec 28, 2009
get 1.25 spacers for the rear or the rim will hit the frame. Also airshocks in rear and either twist in spring spacers in front or 1 1/2 inch lift cups. The lift cups will give it a smoother ride the the twist in knuckles just more money. Also the rear wheels will be close to the back of the door so i recommend adjustable rear control arms or eventually you will damage your drive shaft. I have a brand new set never installed that i got from universal car lift.com If interested PM me. Do all that and you will never have a problem with your 22's

T-TOP TONY

Master Mechanic
Jun 13, 2008
san bernardino, ca
im runnin 22 inch irocs with 2" drop spindles and 1.5 rear lowering springs. I have a 1 1/2" spacer on the rear cause the iroc wheels have a 0 offset. im running 255/30/22 in the rear and 245/30/22 in the front. The front only hits when i turn all the way so maybe you can put a 1/2" spacer for that. Heres a pic of mine

4220953733_527028bf1e_b.jpg

carmangary

G-Body Guru
Oct 13, 2009
How do those cars with those wheels ride? Seems like they would be a bit rough. I love my Cutlass Cruiser because it's like sailing the Atlantic.

T-TOP TONY

Master Mechanic
Jun 13, 2008
san bernardino, ca
carmangary said:
How do those cars with those wheels ride? Seems like they would be a bit rough. I love my Cutlass Cruiser because it's like sailing the Atlantic.

yes it is a bit rougher but nothing i cant handle

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor