24 irocs

Status
Not open for further replies.

delreyss

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Aug 22, 2010
I have a 86 ss and have 22 x9.5 iroc wheels. I've had them for about a month now. I want 24s. I've been searching and found some people saying it is possible with no lift but will have a little rub. But I need more info before I put mt 22 up for sale. I donor want to raise the car at all and if need be will cut as long as it isn't major. But what size spacers are needed to run 24x10s. I know I would need some stiff springs and shocks but what are some things to look at.like I said I have 22s and so far no rub so thinkin what's 1in on ether side.

constantprojects

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jan 31, 2011
its cut alot or lift it . no getting around it without some major frame and body mods . saw 1 car a long time ago . think it was a early model 70s caprice . he had a custom frame and sat stock height on 26s . personally for me anything over a 22 on a gbody is overkill . muscle car not monster truck lol .... good luck with search .

Qdub24

Royal Smart Person
Sep 6, 2006
Columbus, GA
constantprojects said:
its cut alot or lift it . no getting around it without some major frame and body mods . saw 1 car a long time ago . think it was a early model 70s caprice . he had a custom frame and sat stock height on 26s . personally for me anything over a 22 on a gbody is overkill . muscle car not monster truck lol .... good luck with search .

You are completely wrong and inaccurate guy.

For 24x10 wheel I suggest that you run 275/25/24 tires to negate having to lift your car. Make sure you buy your wheels in the proper offset. You may still have to run spacers on the rear wheels, or have your frame notched in the rear. No major cutting should be necessary. You should also get wheelwells/fenderwells rolled for more clearance.

constantprojects

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jan 31, 2011
Qdub24 said:
constantprojects said:

For 24x10 wheel I suggest that you run 275/25/24 tires to negate having to lift your car. Make sure you buy your wheels in the proper offset. You may still have to run spacers on the rear wheels, or have your frame notched in the rear. No major cutting should be necessary. You should also get wheelwells/fenderwells rolled for more clearance.

so please explain how none of what you just said is not a major mod to make a 24 fit ? .... frame notch , no sane person will take a cut off wheel or sawsall to a frame without some welding skills . i know because ive built many bagged minitrucks . the fender and wheelwells being rolled also needs to be done by a professional or atleast someone with some body work experience . so just throwing a boney *ss tire on a 24 and hoping for the best will not work . he would need an almost 0-5+ offset and lose tons of turning radius ..

Qdub24

Royal Smart Person
Sep 6, 2006
Columbus, GA
constantprojects said:
Qdub24 said:
constantprojects said:

so please explain how none of what you just said is not a major mod to make a 24 fit ? .... frame notch , no sane person will take a cut off wheel or sawsall to a frame without some welding skills . i know because ive built many bagged minitrucks . the fender and wheelwells being rolled also needs to be done by a professional or atleast someone with some body work experience . so just throwing a boney *ss tire on a 24 and hoping for the best will not work . he would need an almost 0-5+ offset and lose tons of turning radius ..

A frame notch maybe considered a major mod, but I didn't say he had to have one. Have you ever put big rims on a g-body. It's not that hard. And skinny tires aren't as bad as most people assume they are. Your ride quality is determined by your suspension moreso than your tires' sidewall thickness. A 10" wide wheel on the front will impact your turning radius regardless of your rim size. By the way, there are tons of g-bodies on 24s with no or minimal lift if any. I've been putting rims on g-bodies for years. And rolling a wheelwell/fenderwell is so easy a caveman could do it.

kingcolbert83

G-Body Guru
Mar 26, 2008
i test fitted a 24 before just to see how it would look. It was a 24x10 with 255/30. It with about a inch or so of clearance by eyeballing it. There was no rubbing or scrubbing except the front lip of the bottom fender needed to be grinded down a little. Looked damn good how it sat though. This was on the front.

delreyss

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Aug 22, 2010
Thanks for all the input. I've been lookin around and found a 2 in lift kit there spring spacers has anyone worked with these

2ToneRegal

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Nov 11, 2009
I ran 255/30/24 on my regal and had no problem only when i hit a hard bump it scrubbed a lil my front tires didnt rub.. you should be ok if not then you will know what you have to do when you put the rims on and ride....

delreyss

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Aug 22, 2010
i live in california... but will post them up on here if i do sell em

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor