260 engine with Chevy TBI?

Status
Not open for further replies.

wnagel

Greasemonkey
Jan 26, 2013
Santiago Of Chile.
I have a 260 engine with th200, I have a ECM, injectors, wire harnes from 350 chevy engine, for some reason I like to swap from carb to TBI a engine.

I know this engine is a poor in torque and power....but I dont have other engine now.

Well I pressume a tbi in the engine produce a good combustion, a good timming and advance ignition, and I can use my th350C.

My english is so bad , but I like to receive any exprience about the carb to tbi swap.

Thanks

Waldo.

Oct 14, 2008
Melville,Saskatchewan
You would need to make an adapter as the bolt pattern is different. You also need an Olds 307 computer controlled distributor. The base timing needs advanced 20 degrees as well and may slightly rich for your 260.

oilman666

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Oct 11, 2013
Austria/Europe
If you want your 260 to perform better i would look for an edelbrock sp2p-intake manifold. put a holley 390 cfm on it, match the ports and put headers on your engine.

you wont get big hp out of it, but the "velocity-layout" of the sp2p changes the feeling of your car completely. imho this combo is the best bang-for-buck-mod on the 260.

cheers

Opie Knievel

Rum Fueled Midnight Mechanic and Moderator
Sep 6, 2010
Brodhead, Kentucky
Don't forget that if you use the TBI you'll also need an electric fuel pump. The TBI runs at around 12 psi. You'll probably need to tune the TBI as well. If you're using the system from a 350 it will probably run rich without tuning.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor