2799 Original Miles.......

Status
Not open for further replies.

DoubleV

Royal Smart Person
Feb 25, 2011
Medina Ohio
WAY overpriced. I payed 6k for the 78 I recently bought with 14k miles. It has a few things about it that makes it not 100% showroom condition, but it's REALLY nice and everything not perfect can be fixed easily.

So yeah, good luck with that Malibu sale fella!

Reactions: 1 users

69hurstolds

Geezer
Supporting Member
Jan 2, 2006
Just...….no. Not at that price. If it were totally UN-molested, then it's still a tad high, but more understandable. Start "customizing" crap and it's over. Value plummets. In my mind, it does.

• Agree
Reactions: 2 users

Steveshow

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Apr 13, 2015
In the under hood shot, I notice a red (not orange) intake peeking out, so I assume the engine is the same color...which is incorrect for 1980 anyway (should be blue...), which leads to other questions, such as, is the engine even original to the car, if so, why is it red? Was it pulled and work done and repainted, or rattle canned in the car...???

A few tips for the seller:

1. Replace the stock air cleaner
2. Replace cast iron manifolds
3. Replace factory painted valve covers
4. Do some market research/ reality check that the car, while it seems nice, IMO isn't worth $30k. Oh, who am I to say! Maybe some guy who lost his virginity in the back seat of one just like it just won the lottery...

I live near and work in Austin but I am not even going to waste my time going to look at it. The seller and I are OCEANS apart on what a reasonable car like this is worth, and anyway, I am in the process of building a house. Maybe he is too... hmmm...

• Agree
Reactions: 2 users

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
I notice it is still for sale......I guess the rest of the world is saying the same as you guys are. The seller is living in a dream world

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user

xxBLOOD88SHOTxx

Greasemonkey
Jul 17, 2018
Wow...Gorgeous car. Price is a tad rich...But this coming from a guy facing the prospect of dropping $40k+ on a car that probably has a current street value of $5,000, max. :LOL:

giphy.gif

Martin S.

Greasemonkey
Aug 17, 2017
Hamburg, Germany
Nice Car, but 30K is toooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo expensive.
Here in germany in this condition 12K; for 30K you´ll get a nice Chevelle or Impala (n)

Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor