2wd blazer dual piston upgrade-need more info on brake hoses please

Status
Not open for further replies.

Silent viewer

Royal Smart Person
May 9, 2007
I have bolted my 2wd blazer dual piston up to the car and need to figure out brake hoses. I have read that blazer brake hoses will work with modification to the bracket, some peope say yes and some no to the g body hoses working and I have heard that braided lines work great. so I am thinking that I am just going to pull the trigger on the braided lines, will any standard g body specific braided line work?

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
I also plan on using the Russell braided brake hoses...which I already have. I took the Blazer brake line brackets, which I will also be using.

Longroof79

Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
From what I understand, the G-body hoses might be slightly shorter than the Blazer ones.
I believe you still have to slightly bend or tweak the steel brake lines.

L92 OLDS

Comic Book Super Hero
Mar 30, 2012
West Michigan
What length hoses? G-body or Blazer?

I used the Blazer brackets with light modification and the factory G body brake hoses. These parts work well and look factory stock. If you want, I try to post some pic's of the install. Be careful using braided lines. Luke (83Hurstolds) had issues with them coming loose on his car.

Reactions: 1 user

clean8485

Comic Book Super Hero
Dec 18, 2005
Ontario, Canada
I'm also interested in which hoses will work best. Anubis, what do you mean by Luke's hoses coming loose? Were the hoses coming loose in the brackets, or were the line fittings coming loose in the hoses? I'm looking forward to seeing any photos that you could post of your install. Does anyone have the part number for the Russell braided hoses ? Thanks in advance.

Longroof79

Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
Thanks Joe,
I forgot about using an adapter. You brought out a good point.

Longroof79

Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
Jeff,
The part # for the Russell braided hoses are 692100. They're indicated street legal. I know there's ones that are indicated "for competition only".

My only concern is that I've had these since 2005. They're 10 yrs old, never installed, and sat in my toolbox for those years

• Winner
Reactions: 1 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor