3/8" steel coil stock

Status
Not open for further replies.

illregal82

Master Mechanic
Jul 4, 2006
MINNEAPOLIS
i got this from one of the 3.8 to 350 swap im in the process of doing a swap and want to go buy the gasline today thats what a 3/8" steel coil stock is right do i need a special tool to bend im not very mechanical the car audio is more my thing i have freinds doing the swap i took before pics and ill take after and ill post them when im done i cant wait my 3.8 was so damn slow

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
I have tried tube bending tools in the past but ended up doing by hand. Your gas line from the tank to the pump doesn't have any tight bends to it so you should be ok to do it by hand. I think the tighest bend is to meet the pump. Also if you are using the stock pump you'll need to put a fitting on the tube and then swage the tube. If you also replacing the gas line from the pump to the carb you might want to buy a preformed tube and if you can't find one then hit your local recycler.

illregal82

Master Mechanic
Jul 4, 2006
MINNEAPOLIS
all i know when we went to pull the motor out it was in a 89 to 94 2500 chevy truck there was a block off plate where the fuel pump attaches to the motoron the bottom passenger side they took the plate off and used the pump off the stock chevy 305 in my freinds grand prix i guess thats the year they used a 305 in grand prixs so i need the fitting for that stock pump what if i buy a new aftermarket pump what about connecting it to the fuel tank

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
thats ok to have the rubber hose and I beleive it comes from factory like that on some vehicles. That saves you from having to flare the line for the fitting.

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
there's metal tubes that come out of the sender unit cover that travel out beyond the gas tank in the front of the tank and those get attached by rubber hoses to the tubes, one for the return and one for the fuel line..once you get under the car and take a look it'll become claer to you. It's not a complicated job...that is as long as you don't smoke while doing it. :roll:

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
I made an error.... :oops:

there is always a rubber hose connecting the gas line to the pump to allow the engine to move and viabrate... the only fittings are on the line from the pump to the carb..

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor