3.8 to 5.7 vortec 4l60e swap

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyWarpony

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Oct 6, 2014
Oklahoma
I have a 81 Cutlass that was originally a 3.8l. I have a 5.7l vortec and 4l60e with wire harness from a 98 GMC 1500. What specifically is needed for engine to work in car? How do i wire it all in so gauges and speedo function properly? Pretty much everything a novice such as myself would need to know. Not completely mechanically deficient, just never dealt with wiring before. Any and all help greatly appreciated.

pencero

Royal Smart Person
Feb 20, 2008
Ind.
The two first things you should buy are Chevrolet engine mounts and the Iceman crossmember. Just don't make the mistake of ordering the 350 'truck' style mounts or the engine will sit about an inch too high and you could find clearance issues w/ the air intake later on (depending w/e fuel injection/ carb setup your going with)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor