3 inch drop rear springs

Status
Not open for further replies.

turbogeezer

Greasemonkey
May 9, 2012
I"m looking for information if anybody has used the OPGI 3 inch drop spring. So far I"ve used a 2 inch drop on the rear of my 87 Monte SS and I need to drop kit a least another inch. Bill WV

UMI Sales

G-Body Guru
GBodyForum Sponsor
Oct 11, 2011
Philipsburg, Pa
We looked at building 3" drop springs but were worried about ride vs bottoming vs harshness. I'd be curious to hear others experience as well. And also wonder what spring rate other companies are choosing.

Reactions: 1 users

Macguyver

SOUTHSIDE MACHINE PERFORMANCE
GBodyForum Sponsor
Mar 21, 2017
Most of our warehouses have a 5", 4" and 3" rear "Drop" spring for the G Body. They are 300# and ride like a tank, about $100 a set. The "go to" in these parts (for a 3" rear drop G Body) is a 1" A Body 68-72 rear drop spring in the 140-160# range, still about $100 a set.

Our Game Changer spindle has the option of a 3" drop (along with all the modern performance geometry) for the front if you go that route.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users

64nailhead

Goat Herder
Dec 1, 2014
Upstate NY
Glad to see both of you reply. 3" rear drop sounds like dud without a set of coilovers or some type of rear suspension mod.

• Agree
Reactions: 3 users

86CUT

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Dec 16, 2020
I am selling a set due to the stereo I put in the car it set the rear down another inch, so I need a 2 inch spring to get back to three inch.
The springs were great but the extra weight on them was toooooooo low. No rubbing at all either.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor