3 Inch lowering springs, gbody

Status
Not open for further replies.

UNGN

Comic Book Super Hero
Sep 6, 2016
Southlake, TX
I would be worried about 3" lower springs that advertise they "retain the original ride quality".

Lower springs need to be stiffer springs, to prevent bottoming. Nothing kills "ride quality" faster than a lower control arm smacking a hard urethane bump stop.

Lowering a car usually takes a few stabs at it before the perfect balance of height, ride and handling are achieved. You can buy a $180 spring set, see how it works/rides, then swap in stiffer front springs that you cut to size later. G-body springs are pretty cheap.

In back airbags inside the springs can be used to dial in any issues with bottoming.

Reactions: 1 user

83reeeegal

Apprentice
Oct 27, 2017
I would be worried about 3" lower springs that advertise they "retain the original ride quality".

Lower springs need to be stiffer springs, to prevent bottoming. Nothing kills "ride quality" faster than a lower control arm smacking a hard urethane bump stop.

Lowering a car usually takes a few stabs at it before the perfect balance of height, ride and handling are achieved. You can buy a $180 spring set, see how it works/rides, then swap in stiffer front springs that you cut to size later. G-body springs are pretty cheap.

In back airbags inside the springs can be used to dial in any issues with bottoming.
what's goin on man... long time haha, so I ended up coming back because I started experiencing some bottoming issues.. I just ordered Zq8 bump stops and still need to buy the bags, any recommendations? are they really effective ? I think I might just switch out the 3" to 2" if this continues.

mclellan83

Comic Book Super Hero
Jun 27, 2017
Pgh, PA
How does she look lowered?

83reeeegal

Apprentice
Oct 27, 2017

Attachments

• ADC65D13-6B60-4378-ADF3-7F7933BF0F1A.jpeg
    ADC65D13-6B60-4378-ADF3-7F7933BF0F1A.jpeg
    2.5 MB · Views: 1,330
  • 8FFEFA3E-111C-46B4-B34E-08FDF0183FF4.jpeg
    8FFEFA3E-111C-46B4-B34E-08FDF0183FF4.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 866

83reeeegal

Apprentice
Oct 27, 2017
what is the spring rate of the springs
to be honest man I have no clue, I literally just called opgi right now and they didn't give me a direct answer haha.. guess it's my fault for bein a dumbass and not asking before I buy stuff .. a lil too naive

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
to be honest man I have no clue, I literally just called opgi right now and they didn't give me a direct answer haha.. guess it's my fault for bein a dumbass and not asking before I buy stuff .. a lil too naive

most of us have been caught like that before. I would ask them for a refund or a credit since they do not work as advertised. UMI is a sponsor here and they have drop springs and will answer anything you ask

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user

N3M3S1S

Apprentice
Mar 24, 2013
Wilmington, DE
check this out my dude... even my exhaust smacks the floor sometimes.
Haha super slammed! That's why I went with adjustable coil overs. Doing body work before I install them but I hope for a much better experience overall instead of just springs. lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor