3 inch tail pipes

Status
Not open for further replies.

1bad79

Royal Smart Person
Dec 3, 2011
Allendale mi
My local exhaust shop doesn't have a mandrel bender and can't put 3 inch tail pipes over my axle on my cutlass and I can't seem to find any online at least not Buick or olds style ( 3/4) exit I tried a u fit it kit from flowmaster but it didn't work out what is everyone else doing? I'm in the Grand Rapids mi area if some one has a good suggestion of an exhaust shop they use thanks

oldsmobile joe

Royal Smart Person
Nov 12, 2015
mpls
i know in my area of minnesota, exhaust shops don't have the equipment for mandrel bending. as a suggestion, have you tried looking at holley's 3inch exhaust that they made for the ls swap kit. its mandrel bent and your exhaust shop can do the final hook up.
joe
42512hkr.jpg

• Agree
Reactions: 3 users

oldsmobile joe

Royal Smart Person
Nov 12, 2015
mpls
this is the side exit, and it comes with hangers. bumper exit is available too. you just add the two pipe extensions.

Reactions: 1 user

565bbchevy

Geezer
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
You could make your own then you know it will fit, I made my 4" tailpipes out of mandrel bends I ordered from Dynomax/Walker and then welded them up and made them exit similar to a GN.

IMG_0134.jpg
IMG_0015.jpg

Reactions: 1 users

1bad79

Royal Smart Person
Dec 3, 2011
Allendale mi
I
i know in my area of minnesota, exhaust shops don't have the equipment for mandrel bending. as a suggestion, have you tried looking at holley's 3inch exhaust that they made for the ls swap kit. its mandrel bent and your exhaust shop can do the final hook up.
joe
42512hkr.jpg
I look in to this looks nicer than the kit I tried

ssn696

Living in the Past
Supporting Member
Jul 19, 2009
Permanent Temporary
Heartthrob Exhaust is located in Litchfield, MN. They list 3" mandrel-bent exhaust systems. You'll have to prowl their site to see if you can find what you want. They may even be able to do custom work for you. The rep I talked to on the phone said that they manufacture the G-body true dual kits for Summit. http://heartthrobexhaust.com/headerdualkitsandaccessories.htm

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan

Geo's66

Master Mechanic
Oct 7, 2014
I have a kit found from from this site I bought that I didn't use- 3", side exhaust for my 78 Monte. Dynomax mufflers.. I'd sell if you're interested. North Chicago suburb

Reactions: 2 users

1bad79

Royal Smart Person
Dec 3, 2011
Allendale mi
I have a kit found from from this site I bought that I didn't use- 3", side exhaust for my 78 Monte. Dynomax mufflers.. I'd sell if you're interested. North Chicago suburb
I have to go to vfn in a week or so to pick up my hood are you close to Addison Illinois?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor