3 Point Rear seat belts

Status
Not open for further replies.

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
I'm thinking of putting in 3 point seat belts for the back seats. I'll only do the two outside seats. I have a couple of grand kids for whom I would like to have the 3 point for their booster seats. Have any of you done this mod yet?

81Regal

Royal Smart Person
Apr 5, 2009
Terril Iowa
I did see it done on montecarloss.com but don't remeber who it was. Used seatbelts from a newer car with a piece of metal under the package tray to keep it from flexing/pulling through.

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
Thanks, I'll check out your suggestions. I can remember as a kid no seat belts in the back seat and in the front belts were an option when buying a new car.

liquidh8

Comic Book Super Hero
This is mod I have been thinking about doing also. Love to where where on MCSS it was.

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
Thanks for posting that link. That's a nice write up but I don't like how far to the outside you sit. I would use the stock location to bolt down the outside position for the lap belt and move the shoulder belt more toward the center of the car. I would run the retractor down to the anchor for the seat belt and use that anchor for the lap belt and the retractor.

IMG_1144.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor