305 running crappy

Status
Not open for further replies.

CALI-WAGON_09

Apprentice
Feb 2, 2009
Los Angeles,CA
ok since my last post about engine sputtering i changed my pcv and breather locations. Pcv is on drvers side front and breather is on passenger side rear valve cover. Car ran great for about three weeks no hessitation or sputter(had balls) now it is lacking power(no balls) when i drive, idles and revs great. checked plugs and they are black going to change also my kick down calble is not hooked up :( CAN ANYONE HELP ME??

breeaad

Greasemonkey
Jun 4, 2009
Hendersonville Tennessee
The plugs may be an indicator, but anytime an engine revs well but craps out under a load I suspect an ignition issue.

CALI-WAGON_09

Apprentice
Feb 2, 2009
Los Angeles,CA
breeaad said:
The plugs may be an indicator, but anytime an engine revs well but craps out under a load I suspect an ignition issue.
thanks for responding. I checked the wires and one of the boots burned from the header so im going to chenge them also. Do you think buying a summit distributor will help i have not done any iginiton up grades been saving money

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor