305 SS Monte Carlo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deshaun Frazier

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Sep 23, 2017
Getting ready to pick up an 88 MC this weekend and at first I was Ted to swap the engine for an 350, but after several talks with friends and family I’ll just juice up the 305 until later down the line. Now my concern is what all parts I would need to get a good amount of hp out of her. I saw a full build on this site; http://www.superchevy.com/how-to/en...-how-to-mod-a-305-with-bolt-ons-add-168-rwhp/
But my only and main concern is that on this build they use an Elcamino would these parts be able to fit clear in an 88 SS MC? Thanks in advance for the help

bob64

G-Body Guru
Mar 30, 2017
Niagara Falls, Canada
Sure you can use that article as a reference, but part #'s are going to be different for crossmember, headers and exhaust as a 74 elcamino is a totally different animal. You have a computer system an the article doesn't so you' ll have to figure out do you or don't you.

Reactions: 1 user

lilbowtie

Comic Book Super Hero
Jan 7, 2006
Canton Mi
I'm going to suggest enjoying the car as is for the rest of the summer and make it a winter project. As you have read the 305 really isn't a good candidate for HP. Your going to have a ton of money in the heads, cam, rockers, intake, carb. A crate engine w/ a guarantee starts sounding pretty good and you can sell your engine. If you have the knowlege you can build an engine while still enjoying yourcar. I bought an L-82 short block at a swap meet for $150.00, Put in new rings and bearings, a big cam, chevy 2.02 iron heads, Vic Jr w/ a 750 and putting out 450 RWHP

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor