307 pulley swap

Status
Not open for further replies.

83hrstolds

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jul 9, 2018
My power steering pump went out, after removing it and trying to take the pulley off the pulley brakes. Well off to order a new pulley the only ones I can find are dual grove while i took off a single groove. I assumed it would work I'd just have an empty grove. After installing it my alternator belt runs into the new empty grove on the pulley. I figured okay I'll get a little longer belt and run my alt belt off the extra grove on the power steering since it all lines up. My alt belt goes from water pump to power steering to alt, as opposed to water pump to alt. I Tighten everything down and all I get are massive squeaks and super hot belts. So my question is, is there a way to get this dual grove pulley to work? or do I need to search far and wide for a new pulley. The only issue I could think of is that I over tightened the power steering belt and are pulling to much to the alt side of the car now.

Note: I have A/C belt still on, smog pump removed.

Oct 14, 2008
Melville,Saskatchewan
I have ran that set up before. As long
as the belts line up it should work. In that configuration, it should run off the crank pulley as well. If not, that is your issue. Being a Vin 9 you will have the triple bottom pulley needed for it to work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor