307 Roller, 5A intake gaskets.

Status
Not open for further replies.

AlexW121

n00b
Nov 9, 2021
Hey yall, new to the page here. Got a 85' roller 307, with the stock 5a intake. Need to order some intake gaskets for it, and having trouble finding the correct ones. I'm seeing two different styles, one, is a simple gasket. Nothing fancy. The other has a valley pan built into the intake gasket. Wondering which would be correct for my engine. Its also got 6a heads. Thanks!

Oct 14, 2008
Melville,Saskatchewan
The valley pan is the factory gasket. The gasket available is probably for earlier flat tappet lifters, it may contact. The ports will also be larger on the gasket. You could use the early shim gaskets or the composite gaskets. The composite gaskets are much thicker and may not work without cutting the intake. Use RTV around both sides of the 4 corner water ports. I use a tall, narrow bead of RTV in place of the rubber end seals.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user

JAMCAR223

Royal Smart Person
Jun 6, 2014
Houston, TX.
  • Agree
Reactions: 1 users

AlexW121

n00b
Nov 9, 2021
The valley pan is the factory gasket. The gasket available is probably for earlier flat tappet lifters, it may contact. The ports will also be larger on the gasket. You could use the early shim gaskets or the composite gaskets. The composite gaskets are much thicker and may not work without cutting the intake. Use RTV around both sides of the 4 corner water ports. I use a tall, narrow bead of RTV in place of the rubber end seals.
Do you have a link for the roller style intake manifold gasket?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor