307 Vin 9 Rear Vacuum Solenoid question

Status
Not open for further replies.

oxide80

Greasemonkey
Sep 10, 2016
Maine
Ok so I've been chasing around a Code 45, in the stock CCC system, I found someone has rerouted most of the vacuum line, all are run to something or plugged. So today I decided to reroute all the vacuum lines per emission sticker. I noticed an open port in the rear break solenoid assemble, it shows it suppose to go to EFE TVS. When does the computer tell the solenoid open up to allow vacuum? When warm, or or High Way? I dont seem to have an active leak at this port at Idle there warm or cold. I plugged it for now. I dont have any vacuum tee or fittings on hand, it will have to wait until Monday, but just wondering if it could be part of my Run Rich issue....

hunter_alexander

Master Mechanic
Apr 29, 2008
Erie Pa
Strange. Not sure what or how it works. Not sure if a 442 vin 9 is the same. Can you shoot a pic of the open port and I will look to see where mine goes to.

somaphox

Apprentice
Jan 16, 2015
code 45 point to a rich o2 sensor so your gonna need a new one.the efe tvs is the thermal vacuum switch near the back of the intake close to the distributor,should have two or three ports on it i dont remember i took that whole system out as well as the rear vacuum break when i had mine on the computer still all you really need is the solenoid to run the egr valve.

oxide80

Greasemonkey
Sep 10, 2016
Maine
Thanks for the replys, someone royaly messed up there the lines. Im going to pick up a varriety pack of vacuum fittings and re do it all. That they replaced the carb with a non HO rebuilt unit pf unknown origin.... Im strongly considering a Holley Sniper EFI unit esp since the car will mostly get a bigger power plant.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor