$30K 442 on facebook

Status
Not open for further replies.

81Regal

Royal Smart Person
Apr 5, 2009
Terril Iowa
There is no way only 18k miles on the body.

Reactions: 1 user

69hurstolds

Geezer
Supporting Member
Jan 2, 2006
Good thing he doesn't need to sell the car. Because he won't asking that kind of price. He ruined the crap out of it. JMO.

• Agree
Reactions: 4 users

88hurstolds

Royal Smart Person
Jun 24, 2008
FB is FULL of crap like that lately, people are buying junk and then subtracting 100k miles off the odometer and asking double and when you point that out they lose their sh*t... honestly its out of control.
This guy was asking $18,500 for an 84 HO with a bad repaint, rattled can engine bay and a faded out worn interior and incorrect and missing parts because one sold for that much with 10k miles recently.
Got mad because he knew I was right 🤣
People don't realize these cars were taken care of as collectors cars and can look nice with higher miles and many of them rolled the odometer in the early 90's.
Condition is everything with these cars, milage is a moot point unless its an immaculate car.
Heck I had a guy ask if my 85 442 had 1,000 miles, I told him 101k and he was blown away...

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users

88hurstolds

Royal Smart Person
Jun 24, 2008
89k miles for comparison...
88Cutlassinteriorseat.jpg

88Cutlassinterior2.jpg

88Cutlassinterior.jpg

88Cutlassinterior3.jpg

88Cutlassinteriordoor.jpg

• Love
Reactions: 8 users
Oct 14, 2008
Melville,Saskatchewan
Yeah a real highway star, TH350 with 3.73 gears, faded interior, LS2, no original 307, 2004R or wheels by the look of it. People have lost their minds everywhere. Insane prices on complete junk. 30K🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Reactions: 1 users

Mac442

Master Mechanic
Apr 25, 2020
Ocean County, NJ
Yeah a real highway star, TH350 with 3.73 gears, faded interior, LS2, no original 307, 2004R or wheels by the look of it. People have lost their minds everywhere. Insane prices on complete junk. 30K🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
No heat or AC too!?!?

• Wow
Reactions: 1 user

Doug Chahoy

Comic Book Super Hero
Nov 21, 2016
I’m actually ok with the engine transplant. But the rest of the car sure isn’t worth any where near what he’s asking. “ SOME PEOPLES KIDS??? “

fauxfour2

Greasemonkey
Apr 21, 2020
I would say what this price reminds me of but i think i reached my gateway joke allotment for the week.

With that out of the way, hyper-inflated prices really do kill the market for the average guy/gal. It gives some people a feeling that they can ask buku money for what would have been a "500 Dollar Car" back in the day. The days of the 500 dollar car are sadly over. I wont get into my feelings on cash for clunkers but that didnt help and set the tone for a dramatic shift in old car prices as well as availability of older cars. With that being said alot of generation x'ers are buying cars from their childhood and are paying crazy money for them. Case in point, all the throwback toys they are making now to appeal to us. They have a $700 Optimus Prime toy that is controlled by an app and has full robotic movement. The kid in me thinks its awesome, the part of me that likes having my wife not mad at me thinks that that is crazy money for it. Do i want one yeah, will i get one, nope. im just glad i got my car for what i paid for it, even though i think it would have been a $1000 car back in the not too way back past.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor