$30K 442 on facebook

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jakefromstatefarm

Master Mechanic
Feb 26, 2014
I like watching the wizard but hoovie’s facial expressions and drama drives me crazy. It is funny though how he calls his channel the dumbest channel on YouTube. Lol 😆
He is definitely a goob (hoover)... Don't let his commentary of "can't afford...." Fool you... Youtube cuts him som nice checks.

dgmeadows

Greasemonkey
Mar 29, 2017
Georgia
I would say what this price reminds me of but i think i reached my gateway joke allotment for the week.

With that out of the way, hyper-inflated prices really do kill the market for the average guy/gal. It gives some people a feeling that they can ask buku money for what would have been a "500 Dollar Car" back in the day. The days of the 500 dollar car are sadly over. I wont get into my feelings on cash for clunkers but that didnt help and set the tone for a dramatic shift in old car prices as well as availability of older cars. With that being said alot of generation x'ers are buying cars from their childhood and are paying crazy money for them. Case in point, all the throwback toys they are making now to appeal to us. They have a $700 Optimus Prime toy that is controlled by an app and has full robotic movement. The kid in me thinks its awesome, the part of me that likes having my wife not mad at me thinks that that is crazy money for it. Do i want one yeah, will i get one, nope. im just glad i got my car for what i paid for it, even though i think it would have been a $1000 car back in the not too way back past.

Agreed on the inflated ASKING prices. EBay is a prime example. I was looking for a 78-80 Cutlass a few years back, but with two teen kids, one starting college, it just wasn't time. This past winter, I decided it was now or never, and started looking seriously again. Between Facebook and EBay, I was really concerned that prices had jumped since I was last looking. Cars that would've been $3,500 -6,000 3 years ago are advertised at $12,000+. But then I searched SOLD listings, and checked other sources, and found that true sales prices haven't soared that much. It took a lot of diligence and willingness to ship the right car, but I found a great car for a good price (in my opinion). It is frustrating that some speculators will post a car with a jacked up price and artificially influence the market, but they certainly have the right. If they have the patience/resources to sit on a car for a year or more waiting on the "gotta have it" buyer, more power to them.
On the other hand, I am kinda glad the guy with the black on black 79 Calais on Ebay had an unrealistic bottom line price. If his price had been reasonable, I would have bought that car in February and would not have found the car I bought in March, which is in equal if not better shape, plus mine has T-Tops and is not missing trim and emblems like the Ebay car.

Reactions: 2 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor