$33,000 1988 Monte SS with 751 miles in MN

Status
Not open for further replies.

thunderball

Greasemonkey
Jan 18, 2016
It's a high price but if you really want an SS and have the disposable money for it why not. For those of us who have spent countless hours attempting to rid our G body of rust knows it's still there. At least with a car in showroom condition you can use the products that work to prevent rust.

I think there is definitely is truth to that. I think in many cases its more cost effective to buy a well preserved car then an initially cheap rusted one. Not this well preserved though, Id say get a 6-8k 50k mile car.

ed1948

Royal Smart Person
Aug 6, 2016
Quinte West, Ontario
Although I would love to have this new SS the truth is I'd be scared sh8less to drive it on roads with 1/2 witted steering wheel holders.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
https://minneapolis.craigslist.org/hnp/cto/d/monte-carlo-ss-survivor/6218401191.html
Super Sweet.
Looked it over in detail and except for the battery it appears 100% original. I new car prep'ed these at Joe Bennett Chevy Manahawkin, NJ back in 87/88. of course part of the prep was to 'test' drive'm. All of them :banana: Had to have one and in 1991 I bought a 21k miler for $9,900 and still have it.

At $33,000 in todays money it's cheaper than it was in 88. :mad: :wtf:

View attachment 70800

That is a poor investment if I have ever seen one.

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
It's a high price but if you really want an SS and have the disposable money for it why not. For those of us who have spent countless hours attempting to rid our G body of rust knows it's still there. At least with a car in showroom condition you can use the products that work to prevent rust.

I partially agree. Especially considering what restoration steel and labour costs are. However, given how poorly these cars were built (relative to today's standards) it still has sleeping rust behind the panels and in the seams.

UNGN

Comic Book Super Hero
Sep 6, 2016
Southlake, TX
I partially agree. Especially considering what restoration steel and labour costs are. However, given how poorly these cars were built (relative to today's standards) it still has sleeping rust behind the panels and in the seams.

... and every piece of rubber on the car is in the process of self destructing... its just waiting for someone to look at it funny or god forbid, touch it.

UNGN

Comic Book Super Hero
Sep 6, 2016
Southlake, TX
Is only it was an Aerocoupe I would snatch it up in a minute!!!!o_O

I would too... because an '88 MCSS Aerocoupe would be 1 of 1.

The GT+4's must be an Arlington plant thing. I've never seen an '87 GN with GT+4's and like the '88 MCSS, they were both made until December '87.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor