350/406

Status
Not open for further replies.

KeepItTwisted

Not-quite-so-new-guy
May 11, 2020
To everyone! I’m a little embarrassed posting this but I don’t understand! I purchased a 350 small block Chevy motor combo with a 350 trans and 2200 stall converter! Now he said it was a 350/406? I haven’t looked at any casting numbers as of yet! I stuck it in my truck along with another block and got out of there! How do you turn a 350 into a 406 is question 1. Question 2 is this was a running combo when taken out, do I plug it in or take it apart and go over everything! Thanks!
Jamie
What’s in your wallet?!

Mac442

Master Mechanic
Apr 25, 2020
Ocean County, NJ
There’s a few 350 cubic inch crate motors advertised as making 406 hp, perhaps that is what he is referring to?

Reactions: 1 user

lilbowtie

Comic Book Super Hero
Jan 7, 2006
Canton Mi
Question 1 - you don't ! Question #2 - it's in your ball park, If you know the engine and who had it is one thing. I personally would take it apart since it's already out of the car - a re-ring kit is under $100.00, but I have the tools and equipment to do it. You can compression - leak check it, pull the pan and check the rods and mains and have a look at the cam. You don't want to put it in the car and then find a problem.

Reactions: 1 user

KeepItTwisted

Not-quite-so-new-guy
May 11, 2020
Question 1 - you don't ! Question #2 - it's in your ball park, If you know the engine and who had it is one thing. I personally would take it apart since it's already out of the car - a re-ring kit is under $100.00, but I have the tools and equipment to do it. You can compression - leak check it, pull the pan and check the rods and mains and have a look at the cam. You don't want to put it in the car and then find a problem.
I do know who I purchased it from and he told me he pulled it in perfect running condition in favor of a LS 1 combo he purchased! The only thing he didn’t have which he sold was the carb! Ty for your help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor