350 piston question

Status
Not open for further replies.

WBOWERS

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Mar 7, 2018
Wayne, Michigan
so i am rebuilding my 350 for the 82' elcamino. are these pistons that i got with the block
worth using or should i get new ones. i have two sets one .030 and one .040. this will be my first
small block chevy build. done olds and ford but no chevy v8's. thank you again for all your help

Attachments

• piston.jpg
    piston.jpg
    5 KB · Views: 219

Zspoiler

Apprentice
Jun 3, 2018
Depends how well the engine bores clean up. I would also check with your machinist and or engine builder .Unless you are doing it yourself.

bracketchev1221

Royal Smart Person
Jan 18, 2018
They are cast rebuilder pistons so they are nothing special. For the amount of work to clean them and prep them for use, its better to get a new set.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user

lilbowtie

Comic Book Super Hero
Jan 7, 2006
Canton Mi
As said depends if they are capable of being used. Another factor is what is your goal for this engine, those are stock low compression pistons.

454GrandPrix

Master Mechanic
Jul 27, 2016
Lehi, Utah
You can get a new set of Summit brand hypereutectic slugs for only $80. Even if you're on a tight budget, I don't know that it is worth reusing those.

lilbowtie

Comic Book Super Hero
Jan 7, 2006
Canton Mi
I've been using Northern Auto over 15 years. no problems, They have some very reasonable engine kits with upgrades - take a look.

kits.gif

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor