350 trans rebuild kit

Status
Not open for further replies.

87canadiancutlass

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Apr 19, 2011
Alberta Canada
Hey, some places will tell you what a kit will handle. Which may tell you if it's the right kit for you. But all in all, looks pretty similar to other kits.

I rebuilt my 200r4 this summer, I bought a kit from monster transmission. It had everything but bearings, bushing, thrust washers. I found other bearing/bushing kits but what they didn't have selective thrust washers. So with more hunting I found the parts. Now a 350 is more popular so parts should be easy find, but I'm just saying you may still more parts not in the kit. Also information is a mechanics best friend, so look up ATSG manuals. They are complete transmission rebuild manuals.

Good luck, hope this helps.

dogsht

Royal Smart Person
Nov 11, 2008
Dayton, OH
You know often you can pick up a good used 200-4r for $300 or $400. Only a few bucks no tearing into a transmission and a major upgrade. If you do that you can take advantage of much better acceleration gears in the rear and still have even lower rpm cruising and better mpg plus the advantages of a lock up torque converter. Local salvage yards craigslist shouldn't be hard to find. Unless you are building it up for a track only car then you are better off with the old three speed.

Rasheerh

Master Mechanic
Nov 15, 2007
Cincinnati, oh
I found one 200-4r that was rebuilt for 400, just gotta get it outta the car it still resides in

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor