BUILD THREAD 36x48x14 Shop Build Update 2/20/2024, Tire Machine is Finished!

ck80

Supporting Member
Feb 18, 2014
Sticking to it, or stuck with it? And yeah, I have sort of been keeping tabs on the ongoing saga of the mclellan, although my attention can be easily diverted from it to other, maybe more intriguing, things that can and do pop up at random on the board.

As for the Q-jet boondoggle, the key here is your phrase, "Under $500 would've bought a respectably rebuilt unit by someone who knew what they were doing." The emphasis here ought to be properly laid on that "someone who knew what they were doing." In my experience, the genuinely capable are few and far between and, given their relative rarity, can tend to command fatter numbers for their work than a paltry five bills.

Nick
I'm talking real money, not that colorful pretty, but less valuable, stuff you guys use up there :p

Besides, add up the costs of a Sniper, a new engine, and a new FI unit, besides the other changes to support it, and compare it to even a gold plated quadrajet.

Not only would the q-jet STILL be cheaper, but, it would actually run and be drivable.... two things that the poor monte has suffered a problem with thus far :banana:

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user

ck80

Supporting Member
Feb 18, 2014
get em GIF
Get em
Quadrajets for everybody!

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user

CopperNick

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Feb 20, 2018
Canada
Well, any Q-bog that had the misfortune to fall into my hands would end up living a long and useless life as a sandpaper weight! Had I the need to get one rebuilt, it would have to go south for the work. The current exchange is 1.33 CDN to the USD, plus you charge 3.00/gal +/-.

Gold plated, huh, had not thought of that. Thing is you would have to lay on an intermediate layer, copper probably to fill in the pores and get the gold to bond., and then wrap a chain around it so that some mook doesn't try to rip it off at the local show and shine.

Biggest point for me is that Q-crap just doesn't ever appear in the yard. They are like TH400 t-boxes, 1984 G-10 steering columns, 700R4's, and a few other items that I could name. Very high on the local unobtanium list. Last Q item that I ever scooped was a Two Barrel variant that came from an Olds??? Anyway..................

Nick

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor