BUILD THREAD 36x48x14 Shop Build Update 2/20/2024, Tire Machine is Finished!

liquidh8

Comic Book Super Hero
Yes sir, from what I understand, house wrap is not a vapor barrier per say, but a air and moister barrier, It allows moister/vapor to escape. That's why I didn't say yes, :unsure:. But you are correct, I can/will insulate right up against it. If I were to sprayfoam, I did not want the panels to be impossible to remove, since I know I WILL eventually damage one, and i am going to add on.

Supercharged111

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 25, 2019
Colorado Springs, CO
Yes sir, from what I understand, house wrap is not a vapor barrier per say, but a air and moister barrier, It allows moister/vapor to escape. That's why I didn't say yes, :unsure:. But you are correct, I can/will insulate right up against it. If I were to sprayfoam, I did not want the panels to be impossible to remove, since I know I WILL eventually damage one, and i am going to add on.

As is typically installed, the wrap is not an air barrier. You would need to tape every single edge for that to be the case. Air barrier is why I'm leaning toward the Zip sheathing for the house. Vapor barrier is all you need though for rockwool or fiberglass insulation. Smart of you to use the wrap this way to make those panels replaceable.

liquidh8

Comic Book Super Hero
As is typically installed, the wrap is not an air barrier. You would need to tape every single edge for that to be the case. Air barrier is why I'm leaning toward the Zip sheathing for the house. Vapor barrier is all you need though for rockwool or fiberglass insulation. Smart of you to use the wrap this way to make those panels replaceable.
Perfect! Also, the Zip sheathing looks like an incedible product.

Supercharged111

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 25, 2019
Colorado Springs, CO
Perfect! Also, the Zip sheathing looks like an incedible product.

Check out the Zip R as well, sheathing with foam insulation bonded right to it. The regular Zip sheathing is barely more expensive than OSB and house wrap, not counting hardware, tape, glue.

Reactions: 1 user

liquidh8

Comic Book Super Hero
Gutters are installed, garage doors are here, but not installed yet. I pushed a few more trees over near the shop on the left side, I still have to cut them up and split them. Working out the details to get some of my military buddies to help with the concrete floor, but before that it is stone and shale for the road. Saturday AM I am trekking to get the 1.5" foam insulation, so things are moving along, though it will be at a slow pace as I have a lot of family functions coming up and it will limit my free weekends.

Reactions: 4 users

liquidh8

Comic Book Super Hero
Garage doors are installed, they are the high lift tracks. I have to regrade the floor, I also have 2 triaxles of 57 stone for the floor. I've also been working on foam boarding between the girts.
20230411_164540.jpg

I'll add some more pics later.

• Love
Reactions: 8 users

mclellan83

Comic Book Super Hero
Jun 27, 2017
Pgh, PA
Looks like shes getting there

Reactions: 1 user

liquidh8

Comic Book Super Hero
Weather has been crappy, and weekend was busy. I got sidetracked to build a deck real quick for my Dad. I'll be back at the shop soon. I need decent weather to rent the mini X to regrade, as I don't want to create a worse mud fest than I have in there currently.

Reactions: 2 users

liquidh8

Comic Book Super Hero
Hoping to get a mini-x to regrade around the side of the shop and the floor, I also have the stone for the floor so I am looking to get that in there. Again, weather depending.

Reactions: 2 users

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor